WASHINGTON – Airports Council International – North America (ACI-NA), the trade association representing commercial service airports in the United States and Canada, today announced the first group of accredited U.S. Airport Professionals.
“The U.S. Airport Professional accreditation program is the industry’s gold standard for professional development and industry excellence,” said ACI-NA President and CEO Kevin M. Burke. “By completing their USAP course work, each of these industry professionals have demonstrated a high level of competence in all facets of airport management and strategic leadership. We applaud their achievements and look forward to their continued contributions to the U.S. airport industry.”
The inaugural group of USAPs are:
- Josh Ainley, USAP, recent graduate of Loughborough University
- Anthony Caruso, USAP, Bangor International Airport
- David Decoteau, USAP, King County International Airport
- Lisa Deyo, USAP, Airport Consultants Council
- Sheneice Hughes, USAP, Dallas Love Field
- Meagan Hulett, USAP, Clinton National Airport
- Jayanth Jayavardhanan, USAP, Sun Country Airlines
- Pragun Pande, USAP, recent graduate of Loughborough University
- Sylvia Palmer, USAP, Airport Consultants Council
- Isabella Rhawie, USAP, Metropolitan Airports Commission
- Matthew Sykora, USAP, King County International Airport
In 2020, ACI-NA launched an accredited e-learning training curriculum, the U.S. Airport Professional (USAP) Program, to equip students with the leadership and strategic management skills necessary for personal and professional advancement in the U.S. airport industry. The program was developed in collaboration with U.S. airport industry and professional development experts.
Comprised of seven online courses and a writing assignment, the USAP accreditation program covers the full range of current airport management topics, including leadership development, business strategy, commercial management, finance, operations, safety, security, air service, and more. Each student who completes the program is permitted to use the USAP credential to demonstrate their understanding of the U.S. airport system.
Learn more about the U.S. Airport Professional accreditation program at www.usairportprofessional.org.