The purpose of the ACI-NA Finance Committee is to create a platform of information sharing among airports to improve the economic health of the airport industry:
- Initiate and complete an annual work plan on financial and business matters that will benefit the airport industry;
- Actively provide the ACI-NA Board and other ACI-NA committees with input to key financial and business legislative and/or policy matters, and to coordinate selected initiatives;
- Assist ACI-NA with the coordination of the Business of Airports Conference each year;
- Plan and hold an Airport CFO Summit each year to share ideas and best practices;
- Actively support financial benchmarking initiatives so that airports can measure and improve performance;
- Actively support ACRP finance initiatives and report progress to the Committee.
2018 Committee Accomplishments
The 12th Airport CFO Summit
- The 12th Annual Airport CFO Summit, hosted by the Winnipeg Airports Authority, was held in Winnipeg on Aug.1-2, 2018 with a new record number of 60 airport attendees. The Summit covered key issues facing airport CFOs: how to deal with cyber risk, technology trends impacting airports, performance benchmarking and business intelligence, capital project funding strategy, impact of TNCs, how to improve airport credit rating, enterprise risk management, and accounting updates.
Updating the ACI-NA U.S. Airport Infrastructure Needs Study
- The biennial ACI-NA Airport Infrastructure Needs Survey is the only source of comprehensive data on American airport development requirements. The survey is a key component of our continuing work to ensure airports have adequate resources to enhance and preserve capacity and meet the needs of their communities. The survey provides important data for making the case for modernizing U.S. airport financing.
ACI-NA Commentary on Finance
Today marks the official start to Infrastructure Week 2019, the long-celebrated week each year when the infrastructure community comes together and engages in a broad conversation about the importance of […]
Benjamin Franklin said there are only two certainties in life: death and taxes. If there’s one more thing we can be certain of on April 15, it’s the airlines continuing […]
Every year, Thanksgiving brings an opportunity for American’s to celebrate and give thanks for what is most valuable to them. ACI-NA has always maintained that airports are valuable economic […]