Website Spokane Airports
06/16/21 04:00 PM
To ensure Spokane International Airport operates safely and in compliance with federal, state and local requirements for commercial service airports.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Inspects and patrols all airport facilities, grounds and properties to ensure regulatory compliance with FAR Parts 139 & 77, the Airport Certification Manual, TSR 1542, Airport Security Plan, Wildlife Hazard Management Plan, Snow and Ice Control Plan, and other procedures, regulations and policies as may be relevant. Reports discrepancies and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Prepares detailed reports of daily operations, unusual incidents/accidents, hazardous conditions and inspections.
- Ensures safety of airport for users by observing pavement, weather and airfield conditions, and issuing accurate and timely field condition reports and NOTAMS as required.
- Coordinates snow removal operations including assigning priorities for snow removal crews and prioritizing tenant requests for assistance.
- Monitors contractor activity during construction to ensure compliance will all Airport safety requirements and coordinates construction activity with Air Traffic Control.
- Serves as primary contact for Air Traffic Control, Air Carriers and other tenants on issues such as irregular operations, unscheduled operations or unauthorized personnel or vehicles in the aircraft operations area.
- Provides administrative assistance and support to the Airport Operations Manager with regular review and update of various documents, manuals and airport data.
- Records itinerant aircraft operations for billing of landing and overnight fees.
- Responds to and documents emergency, critical or unusual events occurring on Airport property.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma with strong preference for a Bachelor’s degree in aviation or related field.
- Post-high school courses or military training in aviation facility operations.
- Airport or aviation related experience related to operating procedures on the airfield, communications, safety, and general aviation terminology.
- Will consider a combination of education and experience that would enable a candidate to successfully meet the requirements of the position.
- Must possess a valid driver license, free of serious or frequent traffic violations.
To review the full job description and to submit an application, visit our employment page at spokaneairports.net. Applications must be submitted by 4:00 pm on June 16, 2021. The Airport is an EEO/AA/Veteran Employer.
To apply for this job please visit agency.governmentjobs.com.