Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) 87 Leases will have a significant impact on U.S. airports. This classroom training course will be a comprehensive analysis and application of the standard to U.S. airports, primarily focused on provisions of the statement that relate to lessor lease accounting.
The course materials will include application of the standard to a variety of different airport leases, including concessions, terminal, airside and landside land and facility leases and will be updated for the GASB 87 implementation guide. In addition, it will incorporate the results and issues that have arisen from early implementation by airports. Representatives from GASB and national audit firms will be in attendance and playing a speaker role.
The course materials and classroom instruction will cover the following areas:
- Evaluating leases and lease components for inclusion under the standard
- Calculation of lease terms and evaluation of lease options
- Selecting and applying interest rates to lease payments
- Determining whether a lease meets requirements for treatment as a regulated lease
- Measurement of lease receivable, with consideration of variable payments, minimum annual guarantees, residual value guarantees and lease incentives
- Considerations, elements and requirements for remeasurement of leases
- Financial statement presentation and note disclosures for regulated and nonregulated leases
- Requirements for related-party and other specialized leasing arrangements
Who Should Attend
Any professional interested in learning about aviation trends or meeting industry leaders, including:
- Airport accounting professionals responsible for implementing GASB87
- CPA/audit firms
- GASB 87 software firms
Become a Sponsor
Sponsoring an ACI-NA conference or meeting offers your company a prime opportunity to network with existing clients and showcase your company’s goods and services to prospective customers in your target market. ACI-NA offers a variety of opportunities for companies of all sizes to sponsor any of our annual conferences and meetings and reach our airport and aviation-related business members.