Airports Council International-North America (ACI-NA) is proud to announce that the final 3rd Edition of the ACI-NA/ACC/AGC Airport Owners’ Guide to Project Delivery Systems is available. The Owners’ Guide was jointly developed by members from ACI-NA, the Airport Consultants Council (ACC), and Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) and incorporates content from a multi-disciplinary group of airport, design, engineering, and contracting professionals from all three organizations.
The 3rd Edition includes completely revised discussion of the project delivery systems used by airport owners—design, bid, build (DBB), construction management at risk (CM@R), traditional design-build (TDB), and progressive design-build (PDB). It also includes discussions of contract and risk management considerations, owner readiness, capital project funding and financing considerations, and how public-private partnerships relate to project delivery methods.
The Owners’ Guide is intended to be used by the full spectrum of airport professionals involved in capital project delivery—from airport executives that need to understand the high level characteristics of various delivery methods to design and construction professionals involved in day-to-day capital project management.
- Robert Alfert, Nelson Mullins*
- Steve Cornell, Kimley-Horn
- Sheri Ernico, Jacobs
- Daniel Feinblum, HKA*
- Shane Harbinson, City of Austin Department of Aviation
- Roger Johnson, Jacobs*
- Mike Kenig, Holder Construction*
- Matthew Meier, Burns Engineering*
- Raymond A. Melee, Bechtel Infrastructure Corporation*
- John Paolin, HKA*
- Dwight Pullen, AECOM*
- Steve Riano, Bechtel Infrastructure Corporation*
- Diego Rincon, Landrum & Brown
* Primary authors
- Rob Brethauer, AERO Systems Engineering
- Julia Katz, San Francisco International Airport
- Kyle Mixon, Clark Construction
- Michael Moran, Port Authority of New York & New Jersey
- Judi Mosqueda, San Francisco International Airport