FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 8, 2014
ATLANTA — Airports Council International-North America (ACI-NA) today unveiled the first group of collectible trading cards from the new North American Airport Collectors SeriesTM at the 2014 ACI-NA Annual Conference and Exhibition in Atlanta. The North American Airport Collectors SeriesTM offers aviation enthusiasts a new collectible opportunity to commemorate their travels through U.S. and Canadian airports.
“I am always encouraged when our members are eager to tell their stories and educate the public about the significant contributions they make to their local communities,” said ACI-NA President and CEO Kevin M. Burke. “The North American Airport Collectors SeriesTM not only offers our member airports a fantastic way to showcase themselves to the traveling public, the cards also appeal to the kid in all of us. From the youngest passengers to lifelong aviation enthusiasts, the North American Airport Trading Card Series offers a fun new way for collectors to remember the airports that they visit, and inspire new journeys to complete their collections.”
The trading cards feature the most recognizable images from some of busiest airports in the world to smaller regional airports in North America. Each card offers geographic information, facts, figures and historical information unique to each airport. The trading cards are free and will be distributed at each participating ACI-NA airport at information booths, tourism counters or other designated locations. They will also be incorporated into airport education programs to be handed out during school tours, airport events or community meetings.
“We are inundated by requests from airport and aviation fans all over the world for anything that carries our S-T-L airport code,” said Rhonda Hamm-Niebruegge, Director of Lambert-St. Louis International Airport. “The trading card series is a perfect way to satisfy the great demand out there by collectors, but more importantly, the trading cards will connect collectors with the unique stories of each airport to the larger network of aviation, which is so important to communities across North America.”
The North American Airport Collectors SeriesTM trading card campaign is a project of ACI-NA’s Marketing and Communications Committee and is supported by ACI-NA. Any ACI-NA member is eligible to participate in the campaign. A group of 17 ACI-NA members are part of the launch of the of the inaugural series unveiled at the 2014 ACI-NA Annual Conference and Exhibition with more U.S. and Canadian airports committed to debut their trading cards in the coming weeks. The launch group includes:
- Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport (Louisiana)
- Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (Ohio)
- Edmonton International Airport (Alberta)
- General Mitchell International Airport (Wisconsin)
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (Georgia)
- Kelowna International Airport (British Columbia)
- Lambert-St. Louis International Airport (Missouri)
- Mineta San José International Airport (California)
- Nashville International Airport (Tennessee)
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport (Ontario)
- Pittsburgh International Airport (Pennsylvania)
- Salt Lake City International Airport (Utah)
- San Antonio International Airport (Texas)
- San Diego International Airport (California)
- Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (Georgia)
- Stinson Municipal Airport (Texas)
- Winnipeg Richardson International Airport (Manitoba)
To learn more about the North American Airport Trading Cards, visit www.airporttradingcards.com.
The 2014 ACI-NA Annual Conference and Exhibition continues through Wednesday, Sept. 10, in Atlanta. More information is available at http://annual.aci-na.org.