Job Summary: Ensures the Airport maintains compliance with 14CFRPart139 and 49CFRPart1542. Performs daily inspections to ensure facilities and airfield are within applicable standards; represents airport management until relieved by higher authority. The position exists to comply with Federal Aviation Administration and Transportation Security Administration regulations that are required to operate a commercial airport.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily inspections of airfield and airport facilities. Ensures compliance with Federal, State, County and Airport policies, procedures, rules, regulations, and ordinances
- Coordinate snow removal efforts on airfield and airport facilities
- Coordinate airport construction and maintenance airfield projects. Anticipate consequences of airfield construction/repair projects relative to maintaining airport, airfield safety and operational needs
- Respond to incidents and accidents of various types and size. Take charge until relieved by higher authority, investigate cause and take appropriate measures to correct. Make sound and timely decisions under stressful conditions
- Write clear, concise yet comprehensive reports to document events at the airport.
- Knowledge of computer system operations
- Coordinate VIP movements and special operations/events. Anticipate effects of a large crowd, special VIP handling request will have on normal airport operations
- Respond to terminal, facility, and security incidents as needed when dispatched
- Meet with airport users/tenants to resolve operational problems in a professional manner to maintain good working relationships with internal and external agencies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be a current resident of the United States
- Valid Driver’s License at time of application with the ability to obtain a Wisconsin driver’s license within six (6) months of hire and maintain throughout employment
- High school diploma or G.E.D equivalent with one (1) year of work experience in Airport/Airline/Aviation Operations, or related experience
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 30lbs on a regular basis
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Word and Excel programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Management, Business Management or Public Administration or a degree in a related field
- AAAE Airport Certified Employee-Operations
- AAAE Certified Member
- Previous Movement Area driving experience
Must undergo a criminal history background check to maintain security clearance for unescorted access to secured areas of the airport.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong internal and external communication; gathering information, answering queries and maintain good working relationships
- Speak effectively before both internal and external groups
- Read, analyze, and interpret safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, business manuals, technical procedures, and government regulations; write routine reports
- Enforce Federal and local regulations while resolving issues in a professional manner
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple activities; analyze situations quickly and determine proper course of action in the event of an emergency
- Complex work generally governed by broad instructions involving a choice of action within limits of standard policy and procedures
- Ability to obtain a movement area driving endorsement within 6 months of hire
- Work requires the ability to plan and perform work considering new or constantly changing problems and deal with complex factors not easily evaluated; decisions require considerable judgment, initiative, and ingenuity
- Act independently in the formulation and administration of policies and programs for major departments or functions
- Knowledge of specialized computer systems; ability to operate equipment and use radio devices
- Knowledge of snow removal and ice control operations
- Knowledge of 14 CFR Part 139 and 49 CFR Part 1542
- Physical Demands: standing, sitting, reaching, driving, hearing, talking, visual and typing
- Non-Physical Demands: communication/interpretation, sustained mental activity: auditing, problem solving, composing reports, reading, and writing
- Environmental Demands: high volume public contact, loud noises, and physical danger
- Demands/Deadlines: cyclical work pressures or occasional exposure of distressed individuals within the immediate work environment; work requires frequent, substantive contacts with people in highly stressful situations; delicacy and unpredictability of contacts routinely create considerable strain or heavy stress regularly
- Work Schedule: considerable irregularity of hours due to frequent overtime, weekend, or shift rotation
THE ORIGINAL APPLICATION is open to qualified residents of the United States. Appointee must establish residency within the State of Wisconsin within six (6) months of appointment and maintain such residency during incumbency.
APPLICANTS MUST POSSESS MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF FILING APPLICATION.
This position is open to qualified internal and external candidates. An online application may be filed at www.jobs.milwaukeecounty.org. Candidates will be asked to submit a full account of their training and experience and may be asked to take a written or performance test as part of the selection process.
Milwaukee County provides a competitive benefits package.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Milwaukee County is committed to fostering an equitable working environment, free from discrimination and harassment, on the basis of any characteristic protected by law. We prohibit any form of discrimination, harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, pregnancy related condition, national origin, age, disability, FMLA status, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, or any other category or status that is now or in the future protected by federal, state, and local law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing, background checks and pre-employment physicals subject to job requirements. If special accommodations are needed, please contact 414-278-3936.
Effective October 1, 2021, Milwaukee County will require all employees to have completed COVID-19 vaccinations and provide proof of vaccination or have submitted a completed medical or religious exemption and accommodation request. All persons offered a position will be required to provide proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination at time of hire or have submitted a completed medical or religious exemption and accommodation request and been approved for an accommodation prior to hire.
To apply for this job please visit us63.dayforcehcm.com.