Website WJ Advisors LLC
WJ Advisors LLC, Aviation Management Consultants, provides airport operators with strategic and management advisory services, financial and business planning, alternative project delivery strategies, financial feasibility services, airline and nonairline lease negotiations, and organizational governance analyses. WJ Advisors serves clients from multiple locations in the United States.
WJ Advisors has a successful history of providing client-focused advice to airport management and currently advises the operators of 4 of the 10 busiest airports in the nation. Our services include:
- Creation of financial and business plans for small-, medium-, and large-hub airports
- Development of strategies for financing and structuring airport capital programs
- Development of alternative management structures, including privatization analyses and valuation analyses
- Identification and analysis of public-private partnerships (P3) for the delivery of new airport assets
- Preparation of feasibility reports for the issuance of airport revenue bonds (approximately $19 billion to date) to fund airport capital improvements, including participation in rating agency and investor presentations
- Negotiation of airline use and lease agreements and related business and commercial terms
- Development of business terms and leases for existing and new consolidated rental car facilities and concessions programs
- Creation and oversight of strategic planning retreats for senior airport staff
- Organizational governance analyses of the transition to an authority structure
WJ Advisors is based on the following principles: (1) the provision of truly independent advisory services related to the strategic, financial, and business planning of airports; (2) dedicated airport industry expertise and experience; and (3) the successful achievement of client-defined goals.
The successful candidate should have a passion for meaningful client-focused work to solve the challenging issues facing airport management. Our team members believe in collaboration, mutual respect, and open communication. Given the fast-paced environment of our work, the successful candidate should also be comfortable and effective in coordinating with other team members during one-on-one or group conference calls, emails, and other tools to ensure that client expectations are exceeded and deadlines are met.
- Work with team members to assist airport management in solving complex financial business and commercial challenges. Specific tasks include:
- Lead and manage projects to deliver credible solutions to identified client problems using a variety of industry knowledge, analytical techniques, and interaction with clients.
- Maintain a collaborative role in the development and management of client relationships.
- Structure and manage tasks, including outlining and drafting key deliverables, defining analyses, and taking responsibility for preparing client-ready final work product.
- Lead meetings or telephone calls with clients as needed.
- Prepare presentations, communicating analyses to a broad range of management levels.
- Provide services such as financial modeling, capital planning and funding, bond feasibility services, airport rates and charges analyses, airport use and lease agreement negotiations, alternative delivery approaches, including the use of a P3 structure, economic analysis and forecasting, organization and management analyses, and business advisory and management strategy services.
- Identify new business development initiatives in collaboration with team members and proactively search for opportunities to enhance existing client relationships.
- Balances attention to detail and big-picture thinking in determining which data to highlight for clients.
- Ensures a clear and comprehensive understanding of client needs and objectives.
- Financial Forecasting/Analysis
- Serves as a trusted advisor to clients.
- Possesses strong analytical aptitude with experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and extensive quantitative modeling.
- Demonstrates experience in developing and updating Excel financial models for large public or private organizations.
- Business Translation
- Defines and clarifies understanding of key challenges and opportunities.
- Anticipates issues that are not readily apparent.
- Possesses the ability to analyze multiple sources of data to determine common themes.
- Communicates Effectively
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to interpret and draft complex documents and present results of intricate analyses and concepts clearly and effectively.
- Packages complex financial information into executive-ready communication tools so that relevant information (data, storyline, assumptions, insights) is easily understood, resulting in decision making.
- Ensures that clients are well-informed on project status and direction.
- Situational Adaptability
- Demonstrates a collaborative and team-oriented mindset as well as being highly resourceful and self-directed.
- Provides direction to other team members on how to effectively meet real-time challenges and changes in client focus and strategy.
- Deals with the unexpected in a professional, composed, and productive manner.
- Global Perspective
- Maintains overview of entire client organization.
- Breaks down department-by-department barriers to achieve transparency and visibility.
- Applies the broadest possible view of an issue or challenge.
- Ability and willingness to travel to client meetings as necessary.
- 4-year undergraduate degree in finance, business, mathematics, engineering, economics, statistics, aviation, or related field.
- Business-related graduate degree and/or Master’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 6 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of work experience and a job-related graduate degree required.
- Experience working at an airport or in the aviation industry is preferred, but not required.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to:
Warren Adams, Managing Partner, WJ Advisors LLC
For more information on WJ Advisors LLC, please visit www.wj-advisors.com.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REQUESTED
In addition to a resume, please submit a cover letter which addresses the following:
- What do you know about WJ Advisors LLC, and why do you want to work with us?
- Why are you a good fit for this position?
- How have you handled a missed deadline in a prior work role?
- What is your process for making decisions?
- Describe what your current company could do to be more successful.
- Provide information regarding any other topic(s) that you believe are relevant to be considered for this position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com