Website Vantage Airport Group
North Peace Regional Airport is an important regional gateway for business and tourism, welcoming over 278,000 passengers in 2019. Vantage Airport Group has helped transform North Peace Regional Airport into a modern and efficient airport operation since taking over management duties in 1997. Fort St John is located in the Peace River region of BC, an area known for its robust energy sector and its wide range of outdoor activities.
As a senior leader within Vantage Airport Group, the Managing Director for North Peace Regional Airport is responsible for managing, operating and developing the airport. This includes overseeing the day-to-day business and operational activity of the airport terminal, and its commercial, groundside and airside operations. This role is responsible for setting and achieving safety standards and managing regulatory compliance, business and strategic planning, security, airside operations, and aircraft rescue and firefighting.
The Managing Director represents the airport in the community and region, enhancing its image and its reputation as an economic driver for the area. This role is accountable for identifying and acting on business development opportunities, and for ensuring the airport’s interests are coordinated with relevant stakeholders.
The Managing Director inspires and leads the airport staff team by articulating the vision and strategic objectives, and effectively supporting their implementation. The Managing Director works closely with Vantage network resources in operations, air service marketing, commercial development, human resources and communications to optimize the performance of North Peace Regional Airport.
Success in this position is defined by consistent achievement of safety and regulatory compliance, strong relationships with stakeholders, increased passenger traffic, optimized non-aeronautical revenues and strong operating and capital budget performance.
This role is based in Fort St John, BC; some domestic and international travel is required.
Operate a safe, secure and customer focused airport for the community by
· Meeting and exceeding regulatory standards for safety, airside operations, security and aircraft rescue and firefighting, consistently applying modern best practices in airport management
· Providing an airport experience that exceeds customer expectations
· Demonstrating innovation and the use of technology in all aspects of the airport’s operation
· Promoting a culture of environmental stewardship and sustainability
· Lead the development of long-range plans (strategic, operational, capital)
· Develop and monitor annual business plans and budgets (Opex and Capex), to ensure the airport’s financial health over both the short-term and the long-term
· Oversee capital projects, including plan development, RFP process, scheduling, and budget monitoring
Build a strong team and foster a collaborative culture, including
· Providing clear direction and effectively delegating to employees
· Leading an inclusive workplace that maximizes the talents of each person to achieve business results
· Developing leadership in others through coaching, mentoring, rewarding and guiding employees
Build industry, government, and community stakeholder relationships by
· Maintaining strong relationships with the airport regulator and government agencies
· Fostering positive relationships with airport stakeholders (e.g. airlines, ground handlers, commercial food & beverage and other retail)
· Actively participating in community initiatives
· Working effectively with the North Peace Airport Society
SENIOR LEADER WITHIN VANTAGE
· Contribute to corporate business planning activities
· Provide expertise to Vantage’s business development initiatives as required
· Minimum 8 years’ experience in a senior management role, preferably in an airport or aviation setting
· Proven experience in successful budget and business plan development, implementation and delivery
· Track record of successfully managing and delivering projects and programs, including capital projects
· A university degree (Business, Economics, or Commercial Aviation preferred)
· Superior communication skills, including the ability to make professional presentations
· Strategic results-oriented professional with strong financial acumen, and well-honed business and analytical skills
· Able to work with multiple stakeholders and deal with competing priorities with integrity, professionalism and creativity
· Able to lead and motivate teams through clear communication of strategy and goals; able to foster a collaborative work environment
· Active and respected member of the aviation / airport community would be a strong asset
Please visit www.vantageairportgroup.com/careers to apply
Vantage Airport Group is a privately owned, industry-leading investor, developer and manager of airports. Our current portfolio includes airports in Canada, Europe, the Caribbean and the United States. Our most recent additions include Vantage’s role with LaGuardia Gateway Partners (LGP) to lead and oversee the $4 billion redevelopment of LaGuardia Airport’s Terminal B, the largest transportation public private partnership in the United States, and Chicago’s Midway International Airport where Vantage has formed a partnership to redevelop and operate the concession program.
To apply for this job please visit careers-vantageairportgroup.icims.com.