Do you want to help revolutionize a major industry? At Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield (URW), you’ll have the opportunity to impact the future of airports by developing innovative and engaging places that reinvent being together. Come join a team that builds excitement about working at URW. You’ll get to work with leaders who are passionate about tackling changing consumer behavior with innovative experiences. All this bold vision means the company culture embraces evolution and change. We believe there is no “perfect” candidate and want to encourage applying even if all the requirements listed aren’t met. If you’re passionate about URW and looking to learn and grow, then we look forward to reviewing your application!
Vice President, Project Executive – URW Commercial Concessions Program @ JFK
What we offer
We are looking for an experienced, creative, and influential Project Executive to be responsible for delivering major airport commercial program redevelopment projects, particularly at JFK. This role reports to the SVP, Airports Development and is accountable for the execution of commercial development projects inclusive of the related concessions retail delivery aspects. This is a critical position within the Airports team and its growth trajectory. The Project Executive will lead all aspects of the project including internal teams and third-party partners/consultants. Based at JFK, will work closely with the SVP, Airports Development and other departments such as design, construction, retail delivery, leasing and operations to execute the project and development at the highest levels.
In this role, your main missions are:
- Lead, direct and coordinate the day-to-day management of all phases of airport development project(s) from pre-construction through closeout for URW’s capital projects as well as the corresponding retail delivery/tenant coordination aspects of the project.
- Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements on all projects and lead the regular Active Project Review (APR) process and project control meetings ensuring key executives are kept updated on all aspects of the project.
- Oversee the ongoing development of the commercial master plan and environmental design activities to deliver on the vision and objectives set forth in the RFP response and/or contract requirements.
- Own and execute the capital budget to meet the project vision and objectives while delivering quality on/under budget inclusive of creative means to maximize value creation.
- Create, evolve and monitor the development/project schedule while balancing flexibility where required and delivering intermittent and project end date milestones on/ahead of schedule.
- Must have complete understanding of the development and project delivery process as well as contracts for the project and risk mitigation measures and ensure that the project team is aware of them.
- Oversee third-party pre-construction & construction activities (estimating, operations plan, scheduling) as necessary and be responsible for managing the change order process.
- Manage budget and financial reporting, interpret and analyze reports to ensure adherence to project budget inclusive of working with accounting to initiate pay application process and follow up to ensure payment documents are completed accurately.
- Develop and improve client and in-house team relationships fostering a “trusted advisor” status and provide leadership to positively influence change.
- Demonstrate a high standard of persona, accountability and integrity and mentors staff to the same high standards
What we are looking for
You. . .
- Project executive professional with 10-15+ years of relevant development and project experience including a proven track record managing full-cycle processes associated with airports or similarly complex large-scale mixed-use developments.
- A proven guardian of design and the construction process and highly experienced project management executive.
- Creativity, analysis and planning in complex environments in both a customer and client sense and commercial intuitive judgment being used as well as analysis to support decisions.
- Strong negotiation, business and financial acumen with the ability to engage in the details and be hands on, as well as to think broadly and strategically.
- Ability to draw on experience and existing third-party relationships.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to identify and execute strategic solutions.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty; the ability to adapt, be agile and flexible, and lead others through complex situations.
- Executive presence culminating in a reputation for performance improvement and driving cohesiveness of a strong team.
- Operates with the highest level of integrity, and holds her/his self and team accountable for delivering on commitments and timelines setting the bar for ethics and compliance standards.
- Values diversity to ensure multi-talented team strengths; promotes a spirit of inclusion and equity.
- Relationship savvy professional with the interpersonal skills to manage conflict, and interact effectively with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to boil down complex issues into concise outputs and defend resulting opinions in a non-confrontational manner.
- Confidence and maturity to make prudent, careful decisions, and take on an ownership mentality.
- Encourages others to share the spotlight and visibly celebrates and supports the success of the team
What is important to us
Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield (URW) is driven by an entrepreneurial foundation of talented and ambitious employees who embrace change, strive for innovation, and know when to venture into uncharted terrain. Teams within URW are collaborative and thrive by working together to seize opportunity and solve challenges. Employees receive mentorship and guidance while being empowered to drive their initiatives, embracing their individuality and unique backgrounds. URW‘s flagship destinations are interwoven into the community fabric, and we give employees the power to be impactful in their work and lead meaningful change in our communities through volunteering, DE&I programming and leading ESG efforts. URW is an innovator and trend setter in experiential entertainment and is making bold moves to be a brand that creates inspiring consumer experiences in-person and digitally. Breaking beyond conventional beliefs, URW is surprising and delighting customers by reinventing being together and creating memorable moments.
Our company purpose – to Reinvent Being Together – is about reimagining how individuals and communities come together, socialize, and enjoy dynamic experiences alongside one another in entirely new ways. We are at our best when we are TOGETHER safely and joyfully. In returning to the office, we are following federal guidance on what we need to do to safeguard the health and safety of our employee community, including that URW employees must be fully vaccinated or request an accommodation.
Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, experience, and skills. We believe that diversity plays an important part in the success of our business, and we are committed to creating an environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s differences.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.
Join us to Reinvent Being Together.
To apply for this job please visit urw.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.