Do you want to help revolutionize a major industry? At Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield (URW), you’ll have the opportunity to impact the future of airports by developing innovative and engaging places that reinvent being together. Come join a team that builds excitement about working at URW. You’ll get to work with leaders who are passionate about tackling changing consumer behavior with innovative experiences. All this bold vision means the company culture embraces evolution and change.
General Manager – URW Commercial Concessions Program @ JFK
The John F. Kennedy Airport General Manager will lead the day to day operations for our Airport program at Terminal 8 at JFK and reports directly to the SVP, Operations. This position is accountable for the overall management, direction and coordination of the T8 program. The General Manager will work closely with URW’s client, American Airlines to ensure their business needs are met, and is also responsible to ensure URW’s corporate objectives are achieved at the lowest cost consistent with corporate and airport requirements. The General Manager also interacts with a wide range of airlines or clients and their representatives to ensure their needs and objectives are satisfied.
In this role, your main missions are:
- Primary point of contact and liaison with URW’s client, American Airlines, and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ).
- Partner with URW’s Development team to execute the redevelopment plans/vision for Terminal 8.
- Ensure effective cost control and profitability for a specific Airport program. Identify problem areas and proactively improve performance. Prepare annual operating budget and execute plan within guidelines.
- Maintain communications with tenants to improve performance. Promote effective business relationship to convey corporate policies.
- Hire, train and supervise all on-site management personnel. Set goals and objectives to evaluate performance. Ensure compliance with corporate personnel policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for the collection of monthly receivables.
- Monitor on-site tenant construction for compliance with approved plans. Work proactively with tenant coordination and others to ensure successful early or on-time store openings.
- Maintain positive working relationship with Airport and/or clients and have good working knowledge of political and regulatory changes that may impact concession operations. Take corrective action and inform others, as required.
- Develop a communication system to keep employees, merchants and corporate management informed of Airport activities and issues.
- Oversee Specialty Leasing program (if applicable) to ensure annual goals are achieved.
- Responsible for Airport DBE goals including certification and compliance pursuant to contract requirements.
- Prepares correspondence, proposals and presentations for a variety of audiences regarding programs, projects and other ideas to support the business objectives of the program.
- Drive, optimize and deliver day-to-day operational excellence in accordance to established metrics and standards.
- Ensure optimal performance and full compliance with health, safety, labor and environmental regulations.
- Coordinate and assist to facilitate new store and remodel projects with Leasing Tenant Coordination team.
- Responsible for local procurement and contract negotiation/management.
- Manage corporate policies and procedures as related to front-of-house and back-of-house operations.
- Contribute and collaborate with the Airport Business Analyst and SVP to develop 5-Year Business Plan strategy.
- Execute the Action Plan as defined in the 5-Year Business Plan.
- Develop long-term growth strategies for new and existing markets by driving and executing cost effective, realistic, and functional tactics.
- Plan and manage Common Area Maintenance and Capital expense budgets/forecasts within approved parameters.
- Locally develop with the Marketing Director supported by Corporate Marketing with direction and final approval the assets marketing and public relations plans. Implement plans driving and delivering on sales and traffic goals.
- Become the voice of the traveler while also delivering insights and trends related to the airline and passenger demographics including other complimentary and competitive influences that potentially have future strategic consideration for the airport’s vision.
- Lead the center’s customer journey experience programing to standards excellence and develop a team culture of S.T.Y.L.E.
- Key ambassador and representative of URW to develop and lead concession engagement and support programs, local community/non-profit outreach, service providers partnerships as well as lead for relevant airport tours with community and political officials.
- Negotiate and process complex projects through different levels of governmental agencies.
- Analyze and evaluate data on a wide variety of complex airport and real estate matters, including property surveys, architectural documentation, and title information.
- Actively engages in business prospecting opportunities driving additional management income opportunities as well as deliver annual storage budgets working in partnership with other sales divisions.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (In Accordance to Airport Specific Objectives)
- Driving Sales
- Deliver Annual Business Action Plan and Marketing Plans
- CAM Budget Adherence
- Operating Capital Management
- Other Income – Storage Revenue
- The Customer Journey and S.T.Y.L.E. Mystery Shop Result
- Health & Safety
- Sustainability initiatives
- Adherence to DBE participation requirements
What we are looking for
You. . .
- Thorough knowledge of the operations of a concession program including adherence to budget standards and the day-to-day operation of an Airport.
- Communicates effectively with tenants, vendors, employees, Airport representatives and managers regarding concession operations or personnel issues to ensure the smooth operation of the program.
- Ability to work a rotating schedule during the hours the Airport program is operating.
- Analyzes budget numbers for conformance to budgetary guidelines.
- Develops and monitors subordinates to ensure the smooth operation of the Airport program.
- Must be able to inspect the Airport on a daily basis.
- Must be able to cope with shifting priorities, difficult situations, deadlines and political pressures.
- Must be able to respond to the Airport 7 days a week, 24 hours a day to handle emergencies.
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to prioritize and work with a sense of urgency.
Drives for Results
- Action oriented taking on new opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm all while securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Plans and aligns teams effectively to optimize work processes/project management initiatives.
- Ensures accountability of self and others to meet objectives and commitments.
- Applies knowledge/insights of business and business influences to advance the organization’s goals.
- Builds strong customer relationships delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Manages complexity to effectively solve problems while maintaining good and timely decisions that keeps the business moving forward.
- Ability to consider future possibilities – creating the new and different innovative strategies.
- Balances and manages the interests of multiple stakeholders.
- Effectively builds networks/partnerships inside and outside the organization and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Effectively conveys and communicates a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Creates an environment where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- Is persuasive driving vision and purpose.
- Attracts top talent and builds effective teams through effective leadership qualities.
- Demonstrates courage stepping up to address difficult issues and saying what needs to be said.
- Gains confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity.
- Operates effectively even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear.
- Demonstrates self-awareness while actively seeking new ways to grow and to be challenged.
- Is a nimble learner through experimentation while possessing the ability to rebound from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Situational adaptability in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations effectively.
Business/Real Estate Knowledge/Experience
- 5-plus years of progressive experience in shopping center/retail/property/hospitality management level roles.
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest for real estate and/or retail development, leasing property management operations.
- Fully-versed in financial and business analysis and able to integrate regulatory, design, marketing, leasing, and operational variables into sound business propositions.
- B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent
What is important to us
Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield (URW) is driven by an entrepreneurial foundation of talented and ambitious employees who embrace change, strive for innovation, and know when to venture into uncharted terrain. Teams within URW are collaborative and thrive by working together to seize opportunity and solve challenges. Employees receive mentorship and guidance while being empowered to drive their initiatives, embracing their individuality and unique backgrounds. URW‘s flagship destinations are interwoven into the community fabric, and we give employees the power to be impactful in their work and lead meaningful change in our communities through volunteering, DE&I programming and leading ESG efforts. URW is an innovator and trend setter in experiential entertainment and is making bold moves to be a brand that creates inspiring consumer experiences in-person and digitally. Breaking beyond conventional beliefs, URW is surprising and delighting customers by reinventing being together and creating memorable moments.
In returning to the office, we are following federal guidance on what we need to do to safeguard the health and safety of our employee community, including that URW employees must be fully vaccinated or request an accommodation.
Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, experience, and skills. We believe that diversity plays an important part in the success of our business, and we are committed to creating an environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s differences.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and other legally protected characteristics.
Join us to Reinvent Being Together.
To apply for this job please visit urw.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.