Uber is looking for an outstanding attorney to join our Mobility Operations & Product Counsel Team to serve as front-line Counsel to advise and support Uber’s Mobility Product and Operations teams responsible for the technology that powers Uber’s global rides’ business. This is a rare opportunity to join an innovative and exciting tech company and gain substantive, hands-on experience! This role is open to the San Francisco, D.C., Chicago, and New York markets!
What You’ll Do
- Advise and support Uber’s dynamic team of product managers, engineers, deal makers, designers, analysts, and operations specialists who develop, launch, and improve the technologies that power millions of daily trips for 75 million riders and over 3 million drivers.
- Support Uber’s Airports Teams, including oversight of Uber’s contract negotiations with airports and the counseling on all day-to-day issues that arise from these contracts.
- Identify and resolve wide-ranging legal issues, including consumer protection, privacy, data security, transactional and commercial law, litigation risk, intellectual property, regulatory, licensing, and antitrust, working directly with business clients to provide on-the-ground support.
- Review products, features, and initiatives to assess legal compliance across multiple jurisdictions, from the early stages of product development through launch.
- Draft and negotiate operating agreements with public and private entity airports in highly-regulated environments and commercial partners in the travel industry related to airport innovation, products, and travel.
- Work closely with the operations, business development, policy, and product teams at Uber to provide strategic and proactive legal advice on regulatory matters, contractual terms, policy strategies and product designs affecting Uber’s operations at airports.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in the Mobility legal team and other legal teams, such as Employment, Privacy, IP, Safety, and Marketing, to provide comprehensive advice, and solve legal problems quickly for the teams you support.
- Draft terms and conditions, legal disclaimers, and other policies governing the use of Uber products and services.
- Create and implement policies and practices to ensure consistent implementation of legal guidance and alignment on risks
- J.D. and license to practice law in at least one state.
- Minimum of five (5) years of legal experience in private practice and/or in-house
Experience analyzing and advising on a wide range of legal issues related to consumer products and/or technology platforms
- Prior experience negotiating contracts with airport or working at an airport preferred
Confidence operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to perform with autonomy in a fast paced and quickly scaling organisation
History of driving efficient and strategic use of resources, including technical groups, in-house counsel, vendors, and outside counsel.
- Strong team orientation, encouraging communication and cooperation across organizations and functions.
- Inquisitiveness, along with the ability to spot issues, get to the heart of a matter, and articulate plans to address them.
- Strong communication skills and proven experience working with business leaders.
Collaborative approach with both business and legal groups, with strong ability to build relationships, gain credibility, and partner with others.
- Passionate about your work and a desire to have a big impact.
- Enthusiastic about Uber!
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company’s discretion.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org