The Rhode Island Airport Corporation
The Rhode Island Airport Corporation (RIAC) is seeking a Vice President of Public Safety. This position provides oversight and supervision of RIAC’s Airport Police, Airport Rescue and Firefighting (ARFF) departments, the Aeronautics Inspector, and Safety Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for airport readiness and preparedness for emergency events; will plan, direct, and implement the organization safety program to ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate managers.
RIAC owns and operations 5 airports: Rhode Island T.F. Green International Airport (PVD); Block Island State Airport; North Central State Airport; Quonset State Airport; Newport State Airport; and Westerly State Airport.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and five (5) years minimum progressive leadership experience at a small/ medium/large hub airport Public Safety, Police, or Rescue and Firefighting Department. Related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Experience in direct management of collective bargaining units strongly preferred. Applicable military experience desired. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty well. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Thorough understanding of 49 CFR Parts 1542, 1544 and FAR Part 139 necessary.
- Knowledge of applicable standards as they apply to Airport Fire Protection.
- Experience and knowledge of the National Incident Management System (NMIS) and the Incident Command System (IS-700, ICS-100, ICS-200, ICS300, ICS-400 and IS-800).
- Certified to serve as the Airport Security Coordinator.
- Possess a valid MV Operator’s License issued by any state and the ability to obtain a Rhode Island MV Operator’s License within 180 days of hire date.
- Must work well and think clearly under high stress conditions.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have received an approved accommodation based on medical condition or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $135,000 – $155,000 and is accompanied by a generous compensation and benefits package. Relocation assistance is available.
Filing Deadline: February 6, 2022
To apply for this job please visit adkexecutivesearch.com.