Website The Port Authority of NY and NJ
The Aviation Department of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is seeking a high energy strategic leader who has demonstrated strong communication, planning and execution skills with a passion for excellence and understands the importance of parking on the passenger and visitor experience.
Reporting to the Deputy Aviation Commercial Officer, the Manager, Airport Parking will lead a diverse team for the development and management of the airport parking program at John F. Kennedy International (JFK), LaGuardia (LGA), Newark Liberty International (EWR), Teterboro (TEB), and New York Stewart International (SWF) airports.
The team, led by the Manager, will maximize revenue while sustaining and elevating the customer experience, drive strategic change and maximize available resources to implement global best practices for operational excellence.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive parking revenue program strategy, including the use of analytics, dynamic pricing, pre-booking, e-commerce/communication systems, the Revenue Management System (RMS), and advertising/marketing.
- Develop and implement department and agency initiatives to elevate the passenger experience and drive operational excellence. Make strategic recommendations to management to employ best practices.
- Manage and oversee all commercial parking operations at EWR, JFK, LGA and SWF, including multi facility parking related contract administration. Manage business relationships with operators and contractors.
- Prepare and proactively manage the commercial parking operations budget and long-range forecast. Monitor revenues and expenses, evaluate performance, and identify trends. Collect, analyze, and report data, including key performance indicators to assist in making data driven decisions or recommendations.
- Respond to data requests from internal and external stakeholders by analyzing and assembling customized data analysis and visualizations as appropriate. Produce analytical products such as dashboards, white papers, and reports as necessary.
- Complete the full implementation of the $65 million Parking Access and Revenue Control System (PARCS) Replacement capital program. Manage Port Authority and contract staff on the installation of infrastructure and deployment of the system within the parking facilities and coordinate training for users of the system.
- Coordinate with airport redevelopment programs and parking stakeholders for the successful management of parking and airport access during construction, disruptions, and operational changes. Provide parking best practices input during airport redevelopment design exercises.
- Direct management of two, Band 3, Port Authority staff ensuring airport parking efforts align with current and future needs of the department. Oversight of contract staff located at the airports.
- Engage with Port Authority Audit Department to support contract, revenue and technical audits of parking contracts, systems, and procedures.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation, Economics, Planning, Transportation, Engineering, Public Administration or closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- 10 years of experience in Airport Parking Management or Strategic Marketing will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ years of work experience in with airport parking operations, aviation operations, ground transportation, marketing analytics, or related business field
- 3+ years of work experience leading teams, with the ability to manage, develop, and motivate diverse teams to perform at their highest level
- Strong Excel skills including VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, SUMIF, etc.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
About The Port Authority
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency’s network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org