Website The National Association of State Aviation Officials
The National Association of State Aviation Officials (NASAO) is seeking a President and Chief Executive Officer. NASAO is currently looking to leverage strengths and undergoing several business enhancements including reassessing its office location and operational management needs including staff working arrangements, office space requirements, as well as IT, human resources, accounting and other administrative/support needs. The Association’s new President/CEO’s first task will be to lead this analysis, develop potential options, and collaborate with NASAO leadership to define and implement the association’s future operational structure.
Knowledge & Background
1. Demonstrated leadership experience with ability to motivate, guide, mentor, and professionally develop subordinate staff in a mutually beneficial manner
2. Thorough background, familiarity and experience with issues affecting NASAO members, such as FAAAIP funding, air traffic control privatization, federal regulatory and certification issues, taxation, and emerging issues such as aircraft electrification, eVTOL technology and environmental impacts
3. Experience with aviation governmental affairs and advocacy, preferably on behalf of a larger membership constituency such as that of NASAO
4. Familiarity and recent demonstrated practical experience with association management practices and standards
5. Ability to work effectively with a broad variety of stakeholders, some of whom may have different positions on issues affecting NASAO members
6. Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key NASAO partners such as the U.S. DOT, FAA, and other aviation associations
7. Familiarity and recent demonstrated practical experience with developing and evaluating budgets that includes pursuing creative ways for increasing revenue
The ideal candidate will have at least 12 years of experience in the key areas outlined in the position description in the online brochure, and a bachelor’s degree in aviation/aeronautics, association management, public administration, political science, governmental affairs, etc., or a related field. A master’s degree is highly desirable. Completion of the Certificate Program in Association Management from the American Society of Association Executives preferred, or the ability to obtain within eighteen months of hire.
Salary & Benefits
The starting salary for this position is $180,000 – $220,000. For instructions on how to apply, please click here to see the recruitment brochure, or visit the searches tab at www.adkexecutivesearch.com.
Filing Deadline: December 12, 2019
To apply for this job please visit adkexecutivesearch.com.