Website The Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
As an Operations Industrial Engineer, you will identify opportunities for process improvement and coordinate complex industrial engineering, standardization, and continuous improvement to improve customer service, reduce cost, and enhance business operations performance through direct involvement in airport operational initiatives.
Serves in the Office of Operations Support in the Headquarters Office.
Conducts operational analyses, evaluations, and application of Industrial Engineering and continuous improvement methodologies to identify opportunities, enhance operational performance, and test and deploy new work methods or technologies across various operational functions and locations including Washington Dulles International Airport, Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, Dulles Toll Road, and Public Safety. Performs related functions.
- Works with multi-functional teams to conduct work stream mapping exercises to identify and document service, cost, and productivity improvements areas and make recommendations.
- Implements complex standardization programs and processes in airport operations to improve customer service, productivity, and cost performance using industrial engineering and continuous improvement principles to improve service, productivity and cost performance.
- Identifies, develops and tests new hardware and software technology needs for operations in coordination with engineering systems, information technology, and payment technology. Provides guidance in implementing new and revised, cost effective, technology.
- Develops and evaluates the development of costing and schedules and staffing to promote the effective use of employees and equipment; provides advice and guidance on how to best schedule employees to meet operations requirements and time constraints.
- Researches, develops alternatives, and provides recommendations for new and altered processes, facilities, and equipment to improve operating performance and reduce costs; analyzes and evaluates the implementation of new procedures and evaluates and reports on results.
- Provides technical advice and guidance on all aspects of industrial engineering; may coordinate the work of operations specialists and technicians. ·
- Reviews and monitors operations and equipment performance using industry reporting metrics to improve safety, service, productivity and cost performance.
- Develops and implements project plans to continually optimize operations of an assigned work stream. Develops standard work procedures.
- Develops training material and provides training to managers and employees on standardization and continuous improvement and processes using nationally developed training materials.
- Provides technical advice, program guidance, training and policy interpretation to both airports, Dulles Toll Road and Public Safety.
- Prepares decision analysis reports and funding documents necessary to obtain required approvals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Six years of progressively responsible experience in engineering and operations management.
- Knowledge of industrial engineering, with emphasis on facilities operations to analyze, design, develop, test, evaluate, install and improve operations processes.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply key regulatory requirements to ensuring regulatory compliance on projects.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary environment across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to perform detailed analyses of data and information and make recommendations.
- Skill in workload analysis and quality control of operations.
- Ability to speak and write effectively.
- Ability to use computer hardware and modern office suite software.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, managers, and others.
- Licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification.
- Experience working with Workday.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, or related field.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES REQUIRED:
- A state driver’s license in good standing.
NECESSARY SPECIAL FACTORS:
- Work is typically reviewed in progress and upon completion for quantity, quality, timeliness, teamwork, customer service, and other factors.
- May be subject to adverse weather conditions and dust/grease/dirt while conducting field observations and studies.
- Operates a vehicle landside and airside (requires AOA permit).
- May be subject to potential hazards common to the airport environment. Wears personal protective gear, as necessary.
- May work outside of normal business hours in order to observe and evaluate business operations.
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires.
To apply for this job please visit mwaa.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.