Website The Lee County Port Authority
The Lee County Port Authority (LCPA) is seeking a Director of Finance. The Director will direct and manage the financial, accounting and budgetary functions for the Authority. This position is responsible for managing and maintaining all financial, accounting and budgetary systems involving a large volume of transactions. The Director is also responsible for processing and analyzing all financial records, requiring the applications of established financial and general accounting principles, theories and practices and the application of the specific requirement placed on accounting within a governmental unit.
The Lee County Port Authority owns and operates Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) and Page Field (FMY) in Fort Myers, Florida.
Experience, Knowledge, Abilities & Skills
A Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business or closely related field is mandatory, and an MBA and/or CPA is preferred. Five to ten years of progressively responsible financial experience necessary. Experience at a commercial airport is required for airport financing and PFC applications. Accredited Airport Executive (AAE) certification from AAAE is a plus. Possession of a valid Florida driver license is required.
Skills in a combination of the following areas:
- Superior organizational, oral, and written communication, proofreading, and critical thinking
- Logical strategic thinker with unquestionable integrity in the commitment to manage the fiscal affairs of a demanding organization
- Consistently demonstrating excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with governmental budgetary practices, long term capital financing practices and modern accounting theory
- Strong analytical skills, well-developed financial analysis capabilities, financial policy analyses, financial planning and development and projections
- Must have knowledge of financial analysis techniques, activity based costing/management, statistics, and related analysis tools
Due to the nature of the transportation industry, this position may be required to be on site at any time during an emergency. Must be available 24/7 if needed.
Salary & Compensation
The starting salary range for this position is $101,000 to $142,641 and is accompanied by a very attractive benefits package. For instructions on how to apply, please click here to see the recruitment brochure, or visit the searches tab at www.adkexecutivesearch.com.
Filing Deadline: Open Until Filled
To apply for this job please visit adkexecutivesearch.com.