The Hillsborough County Aviation Authority
The Hillsborough County Aviation Authority is seeking a Vice President, Maintenance. This position is responsible for more than 200 employees and a $41M annual budget. This position is accountable for the safe, efficient and reliable operation of all airport related facilities and systems including automated airport systems and equipment, mechanical, electrical, electronics, plumbing, aircraft boarding bridges, security/access control, fire detection and protection, baggage handling systems, people mover and conveyance systems, HVAC systems, building, grounds, airfield, and fleet maintenance including all aviation authority owned vehicles and heavy equipment. The Vice President of Maintenance is responsible for all contract maintenance agreements with various service providers including janitorial, elevator and escalator, and automated people mover operations and maintenance.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering, aviation-related field, business or public administration, or other area of concentration which is relevant to the role as described above.
- Experience should include maintenance and/ or systems oversight in comparable industry and organizational size. Translatable experience may come from manufacturing, warehouse, airport, public works, or other similar industry. Considerable senior management experience is required.
- Minimum of six years of progressive experience managing a maintenance operation of similar complexity and budget responsibility.
- Significant high-level management experience at an airport, or in comparable industry, of comparable size may be substituted for some of the educational requirements.
- Experience with a large maintenance operation that includes utilization of in-house and outsourced resources is required.
- Familiarity with all aspects of airport operations is highly desired. Experience with a unionized workforce is a plus.
Salary & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $210,000+ depending on candidate’s experience. Additional annual compensation as an incentive bonus based on organizational performance is available and determined yearly. The 2020 bonus for this position equated to 11% of annual salary. There is an extraordinary benefits package. For instructions on how to apply, please click here to see the recruitment brochure, or visit the searches tab at www.adkexecutivesearch.com.
Posting closes December 5, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit adkexecutivesearch.com.