Website The Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have an application on file. Please complete an application by visiting gspairport.com/careers.
Salary Level 11
Normal Hiring Range – $19.29hr – $25.72/hr
Position Summary (Primary Function)
Responsible for the inspection and maintenance of all HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) equipment and systems at the airport.
Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
· Individual will participate in safety programs and safety training and have total commitment and compliance with all company safety and environmental policies.
· Performs preventive maintenance inspections and makes corrections to ensure maximum efficiency of all HVAC equipment.
· Maintains chemical water treatment of chilled water and hot water systems.
· Administration of the computerized energy management system.
· Maintains and operates low pressure steam boilers.
· Maintains and operates chillers and chilled water systems.
· Works with and monitors HVAC service contract personnel to ensure that services are being provided according to the contract agreement.
· Maintains equipment records to document all maintenance performed and scheduled.
· Assist with other maintenance items that may not be directly related to HVAC equipment.
· Clean up of pre-assigned areas and work spaces.
· Assist with snow and ice removal activities.
· Shall perform other duties necessary to keep the airport operating safely and efficiently.
· Responsible for setting an effective pace and for minimizing interruptions in the completion of tasks.
· Will be required to work without direct supervision in an effective and safe manner.
Education Requirements (Evaluation Factors: Skills, Education, Experience, Ability)
· High School Diploma or GED required. Secondary education (associates degree, military or job training) in HVAC maintenance, five (5) years experience in industrial HVAC maintenance or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· See Educational Requirements
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Have a working knowledge of HVAC systems including adequate electrical skills and good troubleshooting techniques.
· Must be thoroughly familiar with the operations, functions and controls of HVAC and related equipment (pumps, fans, motors, starters, compressors, valves, VFD’s, VAV’s, DDC’s, etc.).
· Must have sufficient knowledge and experience in the repair of variable refrigerant systems, split system heat pump condensers & air handlers, & CRAC units.
· Well skilled in the removal and installation of refrigerants.
· Proficiency in the use of a Refrigeration Service Manifold Gauge Set and other HVAC service tools necessary in the maintenance of HVAC equipment.
· The person must be capable of reasoning through problems involving simple and complex equipment.
· The person must have a thorough knowledge of and exercise judgment and planning in selecting and using materials, tools, and equipment in HVAC maintenance.
· Must be capable of planning and organizing multiple tasks so that assignments can be accomplished within a reasonable time.
· The person must have the ability to read, understand, and be capable of applying knowledge of written information, electrical wiring diagrams, OEM manuals, schematics, blueprints, etc.
· Must have the ability to understand and communicate both verbally and in writing, and have sufficient math skills to work basic mathematical equations.
· Shall be knowledgeable in the operation of power tools and equipment necessary to perform HVAC maintenance.
· Must have sufficient knowledge and experience in the installation and repair to such components as motors, fans, bearings, filters, pumps, dampers and controls.
· Must be physically able to operate a forklift and aerial man lifts.
· Must be able to operate vehicles equipped with an automatic transmission and those equipped with a manual transmission.
· Knowledge in the use of a personal computer is necessary, including skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, or Windows.
· This position requires skills in prioritization, organization, verbal communications and interpersonal relations, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· May be required to complete an annual medical physical designed for the performance and requirements of the job.
· None at this time.
· Valid South Carolina Driver’s License
· Universal Certification in Refrigerant Recovery.
· Diligence must be exercised when handling confidential information.
· Reasonable care for equipment/process will prevent injury/damage.
· Responsible for own work, but must coordinate work with others.
· Physical Demand – Must be physically able to use the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required of the job. Worker will be exposed to heat, cold, rain, snow and icy conditions. Works near mechanical and electrical equipment, risk of electrical shock. Exposure to flammable, toxic and caustic chemicals. Exposure to heights and will be required to work from ladders and lifts. Must possess the ability to perform strenuous physical activities, engage in sustained physical exertion and perform arduous work under adverse conditions. Must maintain physical fitness pertinent to the work. Frequent bending and stooping. Will be required to lift objects up to 55 pounds without assistance. May be exposed to noise levels greater than 55db. All necessary Personal Protective Equipment will be provided by the airport.
· Mental and/or Visual Demand – Mental and visual demands are high and vary with function performed. Consistent mental attention needed to respond safely and efficiently. Frequent work or travel in or near roadways, parking areas, and aircraft ramp areas require constant vigilance of vehicular, aircraft and equipment traffic.
· Attentiveness to work procedure will reduce potential risk of injury in work areas.
· Exposed to normal office environment and normal aviation environment.
· This position requires uncommon tours of duty to include but not limited to weekends and holidays, rotating shift assignments and overtime duty.
· Will be subject to recall after normal duty hours.
The Greenville-Spartanburg Airport District is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.