The City of Renton
The City of Renton is seeking an Airport Director. Reporting to the Public Works Administrator, the Airport Director provides leadership and oversight to the Airport Division including strategic and program planning, policy development and implementation, staff supervision, and establishment and maintenance of communicative relations with airport tenants, state (DOT), and federal agencies (FAA). The Airport Director will oversee a Divisions that consists of 9 FTE and a 2022 Operating Budget of $2,250,234. The 5-year Capital Improvement Program consist of a variety of projects including Airport Office Relocation, Major Facility Maintenance, Taxiway Pavement Rehabilitation, Maintenance Dredging and Shoreline Mitigation, and Seismic Retrofit of Airport Tower, all with an estimated cost of $45 million. The 2022 Capital Improvement Budget is allocated $11.3 million allocated over 5 projects which includes a couple of the previously mentioned projects. Responsibilities of the Director include promoting airport use and development, directing public relations programs, and ensuring the Airport operations and services are delivered in a manner that achieves the City’s business plans and goals. The Director will also be responsible for making presentations to Mayor and City Council on current status of projects, activities, and issues at the Airport and providing options as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Airport Management, Public or Business Administration or related field, or twelve (12) years of combined relevant education and experience.
- Eight (8) years plus of increasingly responsible experience in the management and/or operations of an airport facility.
- Three (3) years direct management experience.
- Budget management experience.
- Accredited Airport Executive (AAE) or Certified Member (CM) from the American Association of Airport Executives is preferred.
Salary & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $117,588 – $143,220 and is accompanied by an excellent benefits package. A starting salary at or near the top-of range is possible for the exceptional candidate. Relocation assistance is available.
Filing Deadline: February 6, 2022
To apply for this job please visit adkexecutivesearch.com.