The City of Redding
The City of Redding is recruiting for an Assistant Airports Manager for Redding Municipal Airport (RDD) and Benton Field (O85). The Assistant Airports Manager position reports directly to the Airports Manager and requires professional and managerial level work to coordinate, plan, implement and supervise airport activities. These include airport security programs, operations and safety, contract management and compliance with federally regulated aviation programs. The position is one of two Assistant Managers with primary duties focused on airport operations/maintenance and security program management/compliance, including direct coordination with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
The Assistant Airports Manager position will be responsible for the safe operation of the airport twenty-four hours/day, ensuring completion of daily airport safety inspections, issuance of formal Notices to Airmen (NOTAMS), closure of runways, taxiways and related aeronautical movement surfaces based on aviation safety standards. The Assistant Airports Manager will provide a lead role in emergency situations or during irregular operations, including on-call coverage as needed. A take home Airport vehicle is provided to support this role.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate will possess a diverse background in airport operations, security, maintenance and contract administration. We are looking for a strong leader who can prioritize and thrive in a fast-paced work environment and who also possesses excellent communication skills. Must be flexible, able to multitask and embrace change with a positive attitude, and successfully mitigate controversy if it should arise. We are looking to build teams and partnerships to help better serve the Redding community and build our airline services. The position requires direct experience in the establishment, implementation, and maintenance of airports operations or security-related policies and procedures, and in program management as well as one year of supervisory experience.
- Typical experience would include Airport administration management, operations or security supervisory experience at a certified airport with a wide range of airport duties and responsibilities.
- The position requires direct experience in the establishment, implementation, and maintenance of airports operations or security-related policies and procedures, and in program management.
- At least one year of supervisory experience in personnel and program management is required.
- Typical education would include graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in Aviation Management, Business Administration, or a closely related field.
- Accreditation with American Association of Airport Executives is highly desirable.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $85,404 – $111,036 and is accompanied by a generous benefits package. A starting salary above mid-range is possible for the exceptional candidate. Relocation assistance will be offered. For instructions on how to apply, please click here to see the recruitment brochure, or visit the searches tab at www.adkexecutivesearch.com.
Filing Deadline: July 17, 2022
To apply for this job please visit adkexecutivesearch.com.