Website TBI Airport Management @ Hollywood Burbank Airport
Reports to: Deputy Executive Director, Business, Properties & Safety Management[SS1] [SK2] Systems
Manages the daily operations of the Safety Department and the Safety Management System (SMS) which includes Safety Policy, Safety Assurance, Risk Management and Safety Promotion
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in developing department procedures concerning Airport Rules and Regulations, Operational Policies and Fire Evacuation Plan
- Develops, implements and maintains SMS Manual and ensures compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws, rules and regulations including but not limited to the FAA and Foreign regulations, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Hollywood Burbank Airport Administrative Directives, Airport rules and Regulations and the Airport Operating Certificate
- Conducts timely and comprehensive investigations of all accidents and safety incidents and prepares factual reports to appropriate divisions summarizing the circumstances and root causes of the accident or incident and follows up with recommended corrective and preventative action to be taken by the division
- Develops, implements, and maintains communication systems for distributing safety information to employees and tenants as part of Safety Promotion.
- Plans, develops, promotes, and administers safety education programs with respect to the SMS Manual. Communicates information, trends and safety statistics via reports to the Airport Executive Team.
- Acts as a resource to and liaison between Aviation divisions and various departments within Hollywood Burbank Airport as well as external customers, vendors, contractors, and other regulatory agencies such as the FAA, National Transportation Safety Board, other Aviation industry safety organizations, and Public Health Departments.
- Prepares reports, administers annual budget and controls expenditures of the Safety Department.
- Monitors industry safety concerns that may impact the Hollywood Burbank Airport operations. Ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and Local Laws, rules and codes are followed with respect to Safety (which includes Airside and Landside of Hollywood Burbank Airport).
- Attends meetings with various levels of management, aviation industry related organizations, external contacts, and regulatory agencies. Takes necessary action regarding agenda items.
- Interviews, selects, supervises, develops, evaluates, counsels and if necessary, disciplines personnel according to established Hollywood Burbank Airport policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Manages the Hollywood Burbank Airport’s safety-related reporting systems, which includes SMS software that houses Safety Risk Assessments, Safety Performance Indicators, and shared departmental data as well as Voluntary Safety Reporting System and Safety Hotline.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, Safety or closely related field strongly preferred
- Three years of professional experience in risk/safety management or related field preferred
- Experienced with safety or employee relations investigations and follow up
- Experienced with training and presentations in front of large groups
License and Special Requirements:
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s license.
- Obtain and maintain security clearance as required by role and TSA regulations.
- OSHA Certified upon hire or within (6) months of employment
- Safety Management System Principles and Risk Management Methodologies
- Principles of Supervision, Training and Performance Management
- Budget Preparation and monitoring techniques and procedures
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong Decision-Making skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to make varied arithmetic computations and tabulations rapidly and accurately
- Ability to interact, communication and collaborate with all levels of staff and management including Burbank-Glendale-Pasadena Airport Authority, TBI Senior Management and staff, outside regulatory agencies, vendors and contract service providers as well as the general public
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and the ability to create and use spreadsheets and graphical presentations
- Ability to utilize reporting software and other potentially cross-functional technologies
- Analyze and effectively report upon operating conditions and problems and to recommend or install appropriate solutions
- Organize, direct and implement plans and programs
- Supervise, train and evaluate assigned staff
- Assess and analyze project risks and exposures; identify options and alternatives, make decisions, and implement corrective actions
Interested applicants can apply by copying the link in an internet browser and completing the online assessments:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com