Website TBI Airport Management @ Hollywood Burbank Airport
Reports to: Deputy Executive Director, Operations, Business and Properties, Procurement, Safety and Parking
Responsible to plan, organize and direct the program and operation of the Procurement Department; to develop and promote an effective purchasing program for all Airport departments in compliance with Airport Authority established procurement policies and procedures; assist and provide guidance to departments in procurement of a variety of services, materials, supplies, and equipment in a timely manner and with the issuance of requests for proposals/bids or qualifications.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for oversight of procurement functions, including:
- Develops/manages the bid and proposal process. As needed, assists departments in identifying qualified vendors.
- Supports the preparation of Requisitions to Purchase (RTPs), reviewing for accuracy and contractual language. As needed, provides assistance to departments in their development.
- Responsible for oversight of the bid/proposal process and review of documents for consistent adherence to Airport Authority established purchasing policies and procedures.
- Participates in bid/proposal presentations/meetings, including presenting information and answering questions.
- Reviews and approves formal/informal RFQ/RFB/RFP processes of staff for each procurement and makes recommendations and/or provides concurrence for award of contracts to vendors.
- Provides input to Staff Reports as needed for award recommendation/approval by Airport Commission.
- Supervises maintenance of documents and databases of purchasing information.
- Reviews invoices for purchasing and price compliance to terms of established Purchase Orders.
- Responsible for oversight, implementation and training of the Authority’s e-procurement process.
- Implements software and tools to aid in the purchasing function.
- Responsible for the surplus property disposal program.
- Provides input and communicates department needs to executive staff in the development of budgets and ongoing expenditure tracking.
- Responsible for training the Airport departments with respect to purchasing policies and procedures.
- Update purchasing policies and procedures as needed.
- Supervises reporting staff
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to write RFx packages, edit and provide input to departments in the development of Statements of Work and other project development efforts.
- Knowledge of various contracting methods: lump sum-firm, fixed price; T&M; cost plus reimbursables, IDIQ (On-Call Services), Task Order contracting, etc.
- Experience with PlanetBids or other e-procurement software platforms.
- Experience with managing procurements for a multi-building campus/facilities.
- Familiarity with Federal Aviation Regulations and FAA Advisory Circulars related to the FAA’s Airport Improvement Program (AIP) and AIP funding.
- Ability to research and apply procurement guidelines related to federally funded public works projects.
- Knowledge of the CA Department of Industrial Relations’ and California State Licensing Board’s requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex procurements with various regulatory agency oversight concurrently, with a high degree of skill and accuracy.
- Ability to manage support staff, train and encourage growth in their professional skills and maintain a sense of humor and professionalism under deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum three years’ work experience relevant to the responsibilities and functions detailed above; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional communication capabilities, verbal and written. This position involves a high volume of writing and editing their own and others’ work product.
- Requires administrative and technical judgment in identifying and solving problems as well as to provide appropriate guidance to others on a variety of purchasing issues.
- Requires a high level of attention to detail to ensure accuracy of procurement documents, the ability to analyze and evaluate data reaching sound conclusions, the utilization of strong technical judgment to identify and solve problems.
License and Special Requirements:
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s license.
- Obtain and maintain security clearance as required by role and TSA regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of public procurement best practices. Membership and participation in NIGP, CAPPO, NCMA or other similar professional groups preferred and highly encouraged.
- Microsoft Office software (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), and Adobe DC Pro.
- Perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Adapt to different client needs and to develop and maintain successful working relationships.
- Work cohesively with all levels of management, all departments and co-workers. Maintains and encourages a strong team work ethic.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
Interested applicants may apply by clicking the link below and completing the online assessments:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org