Website TBI Airport Management @ Hollywood Burbank Airport
Under direction of Operations Management, provides day-to-day oversight of Airport Operations programs in any of the following areas/sections: Emergency Planning, Airfield Operations, Wildlife Management, General Aviation Administration Operations, and Terminal Management Operations.
Operations Supervisors also assist other airport departments with the following: Emergency Planning, Noise Rules Compliance, Airport Security Compliance, Airport Badging, Airport Communications Center, Ground Transportation (GT) Administration Operations, Parking Facilities Operations, Shuttle Bus Operations, and Environmental Enforcement.
The Operations Supervisor functions as the airport Manager-on-Duty while on shift during nights, weekends, and holidays.
Essential Job Functions:
- Represent airport management when responding to incidents and emergencies as part of the Unified Incident Command under the Airport Emergency Plan and the Airport Security Program.
- Perform daily 14 CFR Part 139 inspections in a vehicle and on foot related to pavement management, signage, markings, lighting, wildlife mitigation, safety areas, aircraft operations and NAVAlDS in order to maintain the Airport’s Operating Certificate and utilize related equipment.
- Issue NOTAMs accordingly.
- Perform daily/monthly 49 CFR Part 1542 inspections/audits related to airport security in order to ensure compliance with TSA regulations.
- Enforce and initiate corrective actions on all applicable Federal, State, and local regulations as well as Airport rules, regulations, procedures and policies.
- Issue Notices of Violation related to airport safety, security and environmental requirements.
- Ensure timely and accurate record keeping of airfield and other airport activities as well as other documents necessary to maintain the Airport’s Operating Certification.
- Utilizes Access Control System, Digital Video Surveillance System, and other systems during investigations.
- Acts as a liaison between airport administration and the FAA, TSA, NTSB, ATCT, and airport tenants by reporting and disseminating information regarding construction, emergency and other incidents affecting aircraft movement and airfield conditions.
- Operational oversight of airside construction projects ensuring compliance with 49 CFR Part 1542, 14 CFR Part 139 and FAR Part 77.
- Manage gate utilization for 14 air carrier gates.
- Perform Operations Coordinator duties in the Communication Center and Operations Support Specialist duties as required.
- Perform 49 CFR Part 1542 Airport Badging Office functions during nights, weekends and on holidays, as needed.
- Provide operations oversight for landside construction projects, primarily to ensure the
- smooth flow of landside operations and compliance with FAR Part 139, FAR Part 77, TSR
- 1542, OSHA, and EPA regulations. Will assist in monitoring and evaluating parking operator contract compliance and performance.
- Perform daily landside inspections in a vehicle and on foot of Authority owned roads, parking lots, and parking structures. Assists with the safety/security for general construction operations as assigned.
- Issues and monitors Part 139 Airport Maintenance work orders related to Airside.
- Perform ground transportation operations oversight, including inspecting/approving ground transportation vehicles, contract compliance, and Authority Rules compliance.
- Assists in development and preparation of operational procedures, policies, rules, regulations, and letters of agreement.
- Oversee the safety/security for construction operations, as assigned.
- Coordinate and monitor usage of lease space and parking lots.
- Provide customer service over the phone and in person.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in aviation/airport management or a closely related field and a minimum of
- 2 years’ recent experience in airport operating procedures; or equivalent job-related experience.
- Able to pass initial drug screen and subsequent drug screen tests, education and certification requirements.
- Must be dependable, show initiative, attention to detail and confident judgment.
- Willingness to learn and take ownership of assigned projects as well as possess effective interpersonal and communication skills.
License and Special Requirements:
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Obtain and maintain security clearance as required by role and TSA regulations.
- Working knowledge of 14 CFR Part 139 and associated Advisory Circulars as well as Part 77.
- Working knowledge of 49 CFR Part 1542 and associated Security Directives.
- Intermediate understanding of office software and equipment.
- Write accurately, proficiently, and technically.
- Comprehend written technical material related to airport operations and construction.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Obtain the FEMA Incident Command System courses in ICS-100, ICS-200, IS-700 and
- IS-800; and ICS-300, ICS-400.
- Multi-task, maintains awareness, and responds effectively to emergency situations in a calm and controlled manner.
- Work rotating shifts, including nights, holidays and weekends; work on an on-call basis to respond to emergency incidents.
- Operate variety of equipment and computers.
- Participate in ongoing department and Airport training.
- Safely handle and use pyrotechnic launcher for the purpose of conducting wildlife abatement.
- Successfully complete airfield movement area driver training within 45 days of date of hire.
Interested Applicants can apply by clicking the link below and completing the online assessment:
To apply for this job please visit www.ondemandassessment.com.