Website TBI Airport Management @ Hollywood Burbank Airport
Under the general supervision of Operations Management or designee, the Operations Support Specialist supports the Operations Department in both planning and day-of activities and tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs gate and terminal counter management functions, both planning and day-of gate scheduling and analysis in accordance with policies and procedures including projections, irregular operations, and other situations.
- Issues and files Notices to Airmen (NOTAMs) to report airport conditions that impact operation of aircraft and ensures prompt communication to stakeholders when the Operations Supervisors are unable.
- Performs aircraft escorts on the movement area for aircraft under tow or being taxied to various parking positions around the airport.
- Creates, maintains, analyze, and other functions associated with GIS data, including but not limited to Part 77, assets, and navigational/visual aid interference evaluation.
- Analyzes and prepares information to support decision-making and data review.
- Monitors various systems and takes appropriate action, including stakeholder notification and preemptive planning or coordination.
- Provides support in recordkeeping and training requirements, including Part 139 recordkeeping, audits, emergency management, movement area, and other areas.
- Provides support in daily operations, projects, and emergency situations as required.
- Provides support using digital video surveillance system, access control, emergency notification, and mass notification systems.
- Escort vendors/contractors in terminal or air operations area.
- Attend a variety of meetings and ongoing training, including department, airport, and stakeholder.
- Performs inspections of terminal vendors and contractors. Works on assigned projects and/or project teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation Management, Business Administration, Aeronautical Science, or closely related field. Or Associate’s Degree and two (2) years of experience in a communications center, airside operations, or landside operations.
License and Special Requirements:
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s license.
- Obtain and maintain security clearance as required by role and TSA regulations.
- Principles and practices of airport operations, airport security, and aviation management
- Modern safety principles, practices, methods, and techniques
- Administrative and clerical procedures and systems, such as word processing, file management, and other office procedures and tools
- Safely operate Authority vehicles and safely work around aircraft, moving equipment, and facility environments
- Operate modern office equipment
- Operate public safety and aeronautical radio systems
- Utilize variety of computer systems, programs, and software related to department activities and operations
- Work shifts, that include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Learn and understand 14 CFR 139, 49 CFR 1542, and all other federal, state, and local rules, regulations, standards, guidance, directives, and other documents related to airport operations and security.
- Work effectively in groups and as an individual
- Express oneself clearly, both in oral and written form
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Follow written and oral instructions
- Communicate clearly over telephone and radio systems
- Safely perform duties in the vicinity of aircraft, moving equipment, outside, and facility environments
- Analyze data from a variety of sources
- Prepare clear, concise, and comprehensive reports, records, correspondence, and other written materials
Interested Applicants can apply by following this link and completing the online assessments:
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org