Website TBI Airport Management @ Hollywood Burbank Airport
Under the general supervision of the Communication Center Supervisor, the Operations Coordinator/Dispatcher dispatches Airport Police, Operations, and Maintenance personnel via 2-way radio as well as Airport Fire through a direct link with the Verdugo Fire Communications Center in cooperation with surrounding governmental agencies. The Operations Coordinator/Dispatcher monitors and activates an emergency alerting system and monitors a Digital Video Surveillance System and access control. The Operations Coordinator/Dispatcher will also handle emergency, non-emergency and customer service calls, route calls as appropriate, and operate the audible and visual paging systems.
The goal of the Operations Coordinator/Dispatcher is the safe and efficient operation of the airport while providing a high level of service and convenience for our passengers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Dispatches law enforcement, fire, operations and maintenance personnel via two-way radio to security, safety, and emergency incidents in coordination and cooperation with surrounding governmental agencies.
- Utilizes the California Law Enforcement Telecommunications System (CLETS) and the Justice Data Interface Controller (JDIC) software to assist law enforcement personnel to verify outstanding wants, warrants, NCIC, DMV records, and other law enforcement records.
- Communicates and performs functions in accordance with the Airport Emergency Plan with internal and external stakeholders and surrounding agencies.
- Monitors the Automated License Plate Recognition System (ALRPS) on behalf of the Airport Police Department.
- Monitors and operates the Access Control System (ACS) and Digital Video Surveillance System (DVSS).
- Maintains daily operations and law enforcement records, report logs, contractor tracker and checklists.
- Provides customer service and information to the public, travelers, tenants, agencies and airport staff.
- Makes announcements via terminal public address and visual paging system.
- Monitors the facility fire alarm system.
- Monitors weather information system.
- Monitors various building automation and life safety systems and responds accordingly.
- Sends notifications to stakeholders via the airport’s mass notification system.
- Availability to work additional hours as needed, including nights, weekends, mandatory overtime, holidays on a shift work basis
- Train others in computer, software, and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education and minimum 1 year of experience in law enforcement/fire department dispatching, customer service, airport operations; or equivalent combination of experience and education or equivalent experience.
- Dependable, demonstrates initiative and sound judgment.
License and Special Requirements:
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s license.
- Complete Live Scan and CLETS / JDIC testing.
- Obtain and maintain security clearance as required by role and TSA regulations.
- Proficient with office productivity software, including but not limited to email, word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs.
- Proficient with various computer, software, and radio equipment.
- Working knowledge of CLETS / JDIC, Access Control, Video Surveillance Systems, Facility Fire Monitoring Systems, and Emergency Paging Software is a plus.
- Knowledge of 14 CFR Part 139 and 49 CFR Part 1542 and how it applies to this position.
- Knowledge of an airport communications or dispatch center.
- Basic knowledge of law enforcement, fire department, aviation radio communications.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Participate in airport, department, and role specific training.
- Multi-task and maintain awareness.
- Respond effectively to emergency situations in a calm and controlled manner.
Interested applicants can apply by following the link below and completing the online assessments:
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com