Medium HUB Airport with 400+ employees. Full benefits offered.
Airport Planning Manager
This is an advanced professional classification in the General Administrative Series – Airport Executive Group Job Group job family within the City of St. Louis. This position reports to the Airport Deputy Director of Planning and Development. The primary functions of this position are to plan and implement long-term strategies for St. Louis Lambert International Airport, including noise abatement, land use and development and environmental matters.
Description of Duties:
· Adopts, implements, and maintains the Airport Master Plan, including airfield layout, navigational aids, and infrastructure, in compliance with FAA requirements.
· Establishes and monitors airport planning database for land use and development plans, conducts planning and operational analyses, and proposes recommended strategies.
· Coordinates preparations of environmental planning studies with the FAA for airport expansion, coordinates long-range planning issues with the FAA, airlines, airport departments, and other stakeholders
· Develop and/or direct planning studies of existing airfield and terminal facilities.
· Assists in preparing property sales and leases, including appraisal acquisitions to ensure best use of airport properties
· Manages contract for the mowing and ground maintenance of outlying airport properties
· Trains co-workers and subordinates on practices and procedures of long-range airport planning and noise management
· Complete subordinate employee annual service ratings, review performance standards, make disciplinary action recommendations, provide for employee counseling when appropriate, handle employee grievances, and other staff management tasks.
· Prepares consultant scope of work, selects consultant, and manages contracts for professional services required to accomplish department goals
· Assists with budget formulation for department goals and submits budget, material and equipment requests for projects
· Keep up-to-date on new trends and innovations in aviation planning and development
· Attend weekly staff meetings.
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance.
· Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org