Website Saskatoon Airport Authority
At Skyxe Saskatoon Airport we are committed to be Canada’s most valued airport experience. We continue to focus on our guests, working with our airport partners, we are dedicated to provide our guests with an outstanding level of service quality with enhanced facilities, services and infrastructure. Skyxe invites applications from qualified individuals who are looking to be part of a dynamic team, for the position of Project & Airport Development.
Reporting to the Manager of Airport Development, the Project & Airport Development position will provide assistance and support to the Manager, Airport Development within the areas of capital project development and delivery, as well as technical data management.
Assist with Skyxe’s Airport Capital Program development and delivery:
- Capital project administration and supervision. Manage a project capital budget. Recommend capital project requirements and prepare project scope statements, Work Breakdown Structure and business assessments.
- Coordinate the implementation of operational plans for capital projects and submit for approval to appropriate agencies.
- Lead the development and delivery of capital projects, including developing the project execution plan, outlining all activities for delivery within a project, project scope, schedule, estimate, risk assessment and ensuring the progress of all activities against the plan.
- Assist with the review of construction drawings and specifications as prepared by consultants.
- Contact point for Engineers and on-site Contractors.
- Review contractual specifications, requirements and change orders for capital project works.
- Participate in the tendering process for capital projects.
Assist with Airport Planning and Technical Support:
- Master, Land Use and Terminal Planning
- Assist Skyxe Managers with drawings as required
- Coordinate file storage in Technical Data Center
There may be a requirement to work overtime, evenings and weekends as necessary to co-ordinate and assist with special projects and contractor supervision.
Other related duties as assigned, including participation in the SAA Security & Safety Programs.
This description describes the duties in a general sense. However, general, or otherwise, this description does not preclude other related duties being assigned from time to time, in the achievement of the SAA Business Plan and as organizational priorities demand.
Preferred but not mandatory Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Airport regulations and operations.
- Knowledge of the Skyxe mandate, responsibilities, business and corporate culture.
- Knowledge of Airport policies and procedures, and Security and Safety plans.
- Use of GPS and survey equipment.
- Familiarity with tendering process.
- Ability to communicate in French would be considered an asset.
- Post-Secondary Education at the College or University level in Engineering or Engineering Technology, Commerce, Business Administration, Project Management or related discipline.
- A minimum of 1-year Project Management and site supervision experience.
- Proficiency in the English language both spoken and written
Position Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
- Experience in managing projects to completion.
- Ability to interpret complex documents, including regulations, standards and legislation.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong safety awareness, and a demonstrated ability to manage projects in a safe manner.
- Excellent Communication, Organizational and Interpersonal Skills.
- Proficient computer experience, with working knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, Project, and AutoCAD.
- Customer service oriented and a professional approach; ability to interact with all levels of stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- Ability to perform in accordance with Corporate Code of Conduct
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a Transportation Security Clearance.
- ·Possession of, or ability to obtain, an Airside Vehicle Operators Permit and Radio licence.
- Compliance with Federal Government mandated Covid vaccination policy.
Qualified candidates are asked to forward resumes by May 27, with preference for applications to be received by May 20, 2022
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@skyxe.ca