Website Saskatoon Airport Authority
At Skyxe Saskatoon Airport we are committed to be Canada’s most valued airport experience. We continue to focus on our guests, working with our airport partners. Skyxe is dedicated to provide our guests with an outstanding level of service quality with enhanced facilities, services and infrastructure.
Skyxe invites applications from qualified individuals who are looking to be part of a dynamic team, for the position of Manager, Information Technology.
The Manager, Information Technology (IT) has primary responsibility for the strategic development, implementation, cyber security, and resiliency of the Airport’s business critical technology programs. This includes defining IT departmental staffing, operational requirements, and employee performance and development. This role will directly manage two technicians and multiple contract service providers with the understanding that Skyxe’s IT team may grow to meet future demands. As a key member of the Management Team, the Manager, Information Technology is a strategic resource to provide enterprise level expertise in the planning, implementation, and defining the supporting policies/procedure for successful Technology adoption. The Manager, Information Technology will participate in overall management of Skyxe through regular management meetings and processes.
- In support of the above, the Manager, Information Technology will leverage experience in managing people; Local Area Network (LAN); IT infrastructure; project management of IT system implementations and change management; cyber security management, specialized Airport systems; telecommunication systems; miscellaneous computer systems; and software applications.
It is anticipated that the position will work business hours and be available to work off-hours or weekends for critical assignments, as well as being on an on-call escalation basis outside the regular office hours.
The following position(s) reports directly to this role: Computer & Electronic Systems Technician. The Manager, Information Technology also is responsible for third party IT support contracts.
KEY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Airport IT Strategic Innovation:
- Directing the development of key systems and associated policies/procedures to ensure optimal serviceability, operational readiness and the life cycle asset management of technology, equipment and infrastructure.
- Development and management of the capital and operations budgets through formal business cases, for both annual and long-term financial projections.
- Aligning the goals and objectives of the IT Department with overall Airport strategies. Leading the development and delivery of innovative products, services and processes to grow revenue, improve efficiency and enhance guest satisfaction in order to differentiate Saskatoon from other international airports.
- Defining IT departmental staffing, operational requirements, and employee performance and development by means of authority to hire, dismiss, discipline and direct such staff.
Airport IT Operations:
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of changes in areas which affect the management of airport technology; review changes (through an industry network) to regulations and provide feedback to regulatory agencies where appropriate so Skyxe CEO and the Board of Directors are informed of all changes affecting airport technology to ultimately ensure a fully compliant operation.
- Development, review and implementation of Information Technology policies, procedures, emergency recovery, redundancy requirements will play a vital leadership role in the event of an interruption to normal airport operations.
- Providing key input and direction into the policies, procedures and guidelines affecting all airport operations staff to achieve minimal interruption to normal airport operations and strong aviation service support.
- Lead and oversee the development and implementation of the Strategic IT Roadmap, providing growth path and assign escalation responsibilities to subordinates to eliminate a single point of service failures within Skyxe Operations.
- Managing IT projects including implementation of new systems, develop change management policies and implement updates to existing systems, or any changes to IT infrastructure.
- Coordinating changes with the Internal / External Stakeholders (airlines, end users, operations group, third-party providers, and other stakeholders. Representing the airport in such interactions.
- Define scope and responsible for all outsourced IT services and service agreements.
- Information Technology systems.
- Act as a team player developing strategic direction, aligning specific goals and objectives, conduct prudent business case analysis, ensure execution of both goals and objectives and implement plans to improve overall operations and the customer experience of the airport.
- Attend and participate in Board of Directors and Board committee meetings when required.
- Ensuring the ongoing coaching and development of direct reports and operations staff with a focus on succession planning.
- Oversee performance of direct report(s).
- Review and mature innovative programs intended to increase and sustain employee engagement such that the SAA is an employer of choice.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Project Management of technology projects; and computer and network security solutions.
- IT Networks, infrastructure, systems and applications design, installation, administration and management.
- IT best practices, regulations, and processes.
- Smart building concept technologies and emerging trends.
- Business and financial acumen leading to astute budgeting skills and business decisions.
- Strong awareness and commitment to a healthy and safe workplace environment.
- Proactively identify and implement innovative improvements to airport processes and systems.
- Oversee multiple, complex projects or implementations.
- Lead a team.
- Manage conflicts, solve problems and action critical corporate decisions.
- Foster positive working relationships with stakeholders, clients and staff. Perform staff performance reviews and development.
- Delegate and get the team involved in most facets of operations.
- Plan rollouts, assess resources, scheduling, and interfacing with the airlines, providers and other internal management in all phases.
- Research solutions, new technologies, documented though business case development.
- Link organizational goals and objectives to technology requirements.
Education and Professional Experience Requirements:
- College / University Degree in a related field, diploma, MCSE, Cisco, ITIL certification an asset, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 Years of technical leadership in delivering systems, services, and supervising staff.
- A minimum 5 years leadership experience
- Airports or airlines experience would be an asset.
- Proven experience as a systems administrator supporting large or highly critical systems.
- Proven project and contract management skills.
- Organized, self-motivated, customer-oriented and able to work well independently and in teamwork setting.
- Flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with both technical and non-technical parts of the organization.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to multitask, working in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision on day-to-day tasks.
- Working knowledge of: Firewall, MS Office, SQL server, Windows, Trouble-Shooting Software, Deployments Software/Hardware, Linus, Solaris, UNIX, Hardware Support, Networking Support Database tuning, Trouble-Shooting Networks, Enterprise Development Methodology.
- Advanced overall knowledge of networking, operating systems and server architectures.
- Organizational and interpersonal skills to professionally manage multiple tasks in a customer centric environment.
- Experience managing a unionized workforce and Employer-side collective bargaining.
Must have an ability to obtain:
- Transportation Security Clearance and Airside Vehicle Operators Permit.
- Must be able to pass, acquire and retain Police, CBSA, Transport Canada, and other airport related security clearances as a strict condition of employment
- A valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- A valid First Aid & CPR Certification.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@skyxe.ca