Website Saskatoon Airport Authority
At Skyxe Saskatoon Airport we are committed to be Canada’s most valued airport experience. We continue to focus on our guests, working with our airport partners, we are dedicated to provide our guests with an outstanding level of service quality with enhanced facilities, services and infrastructure. Skyxe invites applications from qualified individuals who are looking to be part of a dynamic team for the position of Airfield Operations Officer – Duty Manager, a safety sensitive position.
As the successful candidate, you will be actively involved in the Airport’s daily operations.
Reporting to the Vice President, Operational Excellence, with functional relationships with the other members of the SAA Management Team, you will be responsible for the safe and efficient 24/7 daily operations of the Saskatoon John G. Diefenbaker International Airport. This includes day-to-day facility scheduling, coordination and operational response at the Saskatoon Airport on a 24-hour basis. The Duty Manager is a safety sensitive position with the following departmentalized responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the Airport Authority Aircraft Parking and ATB Gate Assignment Plans. Coordinate and control daily gate assignments, off gate overnight parking, IROP Operations and general aviation parking.
- First response to tenant complaints on operational and facility maintenance issues, including deciding upon whether after hours call out of contractor servicing/SAA staff is appropriate.
- Day to day oversight of critical system operations, such as Bridges, Security, Baggage Systems, Overhead Doors and Parking.
- As required conduct airfield inspections, including friction index measurements and reports to various agencies (including Nav Canada, airlines and SAA management), visual aid inspections, wildlife patrols and response to wildlife reports, and reporting on airfield surface conditions.
- Coordinate NOTAMs under SAA responsibility.
- When on shift provide first on call response for Emergency/Security or Major Irregular Operations response.
Service Quality Assurance:
- Complete periodical service quality inspections of airport cleaning services to ensure that the contractor is meeting the specifications of the cleaning contract, and complete inspection reports.
- Gather and record Operational data to assist the SAA Management team to accurately measure and improve operational performance (OTP, etc.).
- Monitor the Airport Authority security contract after hours to ensure that SOC and security guards are performing their duties to the fullest extent of the contract agreement.
- Complete periodical inspections ensuring the airport taxi/limousine service provider is providing proper level of service, periodically inspect condition of taxi cabs, and complete inspection reports.
- Monitor and report on ATB Concessionaires’ level of service.
- Safety Management System (SMS) – investigate incidents/accidents and complete related reports in SMS database.
- Review SMS database for follow-up on corrective action plans (CAPs).
- Provides weekly/monthly reporting from SMS database.
- Complete reports in relation to activation of ATB fire alarms, multi-gas detection alarms, accidents involving personal injury to passengers and travelling public, or damage to Authority property.
- Coordinate and attend Safety Orientation briefings.
- Provide and maintain the Authority’s glycol sampling program.
- Initiate implementation of the Airport Emergency Response Services plans, including activation of the Emergency Coordination Center during emergency incidents.
Customer/ Tenant Relations:
- Implement Airport Service Quality Initiates to achieve a safe, secure, customer-focused exceptional airport experience.
- Respond to complaints and concerns of customers, clients, visitors and tenants by negotiating solutions or alternatives.
- Coordinate, plan and provide liaison escort requirements for VIPs or visitors to the Airport.
- In conjunction with Manager Facilities is responsible for pre-planning and coordinating winter weather storm warnings and major de-icing event debriefings with airlines, tenants and other stakeholders.
- Operation of the Airport Authority Snow Desk to respond to all winter operation inquiries including, briefing tenants, local airline representatives and dispatch, and flight operations personnel on winter airfield operational status such as current airfield surface conditions and trends towards improvement or otherwise.
- out other administrative duties such as reviewing and updating various Authority documents, plans and procedures.
- Providing SAA management with daily operational briefings, status reports and maintaining the Authority’s Duty Manager’s log.
- Active participant in the Authority’s Security & Safety Programs
- Other duties as assigned by the SAA
This position description describes the major duties of this position but does not, however, preclude other related duties being assigned from time to time, in the achievement of the Skyxe Saskatoon Airport Business Plan and as organizational priorities demand.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL SET ASSESSMENT
- This position requires a minimum Grade 12 completion and proficiency in the English language both spoken and written, with the ability to communicate in French considered an asset.
- Post-secondary education in business, or airport operations preferred.
- Minimum 3 Years relevant airport experience with supervisory and management experience an asset.
- Federal Government mandated COVID vaccination for employees in federally regulated sectors, including air transportation.
- A working knowledge of Canadian regulations governing airlines and airport operations.
- Knowledge of the Airport Authority mandate, responsibilities, business and corporate culture.
- Knowledge of Airport policies and procedures, and Security and Safety plans.
- Demonstrated ability of satisfactory work performance.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in accordance with a Corporate Code of Conduct.
Position Knowledge, Skill & Ability Requirements:
- Excellent Communication, Organizational and Interpersonal Skills with a demonstrated ability to deal with a wide variety of stakeholders with tact and diplomacy.
- A strong decision maker with the ability to assess situations and recommend timely and appropriate courses of action.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities within a dynamic and changing environment.
- A positive attitude and strong customer service orientation with the ability to build relationships at all levels within the airport environment.
- Ability to handle stress and deal with crisis situations in a calm manner and be able to manage others in a stressful environment.
- Strong computer skills, displaying ease in working with a variety of software applications, including the ability to maintain databases.
- Ability to do shift and weekend work is also required as Airport Operations is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Ability to be on Standby Call with the Airport Authority as and when required.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5 Driver’s Licence
- Compliance with Federal Government mandated Covid vaccination policy.
- Possession of, or an ability to obtain a Transportation Security Clearance.
- Possession of, or an ability to obtain an Airside Vehicle Operators Permit and an Industry Canada Radio license within 30 days.
- A valid First Aid & CPR Certification
- Firearms Possession & Acquisition Licence
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@skyxe.ca