Job Opportunity: Environmental Operations Manager
Compensation Range: $141,492 to $180,622 annually
To apply, visit the City & County of San Francisco’s Employment website at: Environmental Operations Manager
Application Filing Deadline: Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as this announcement may close at any time after 5:00 PM on August 3, 2022.
SFO seeks an Environmental Operations Manager to join our Facilities Division. As the Environmental Operations Manager, you will have a broad range of experience in environmental activities as it relates to the following areas: regulatory compliance, air quality, wastewater, stormwater, recycled water, hazard waste, pollution prevention, integrated pest management and solid waste. You are an experienced and skilled leader and thrive working in a fast-paced environment. You are a collaborator and appreciate working with a greater team to further the organization’s higher-level goals and objectives.
The Environmental Operations Manager oversees and administers the activities of the Environmental Operations Section. This position manages the department’s full implementation and enforcement of environmental regulations required by Federal, State and Local laws and regulations. The position requires the application of a wide range of technical skills and procedures to determine proper action. Furthermore, the position determines staffing and budget requirements, and ensures expenditures are in conformance with budget. Visit City & County of San Francisco’s Employment website for more information. Apply today!
How to qualify
Education: Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in natural science, mechanical, chemical, civil or sanitary engineering or closely related field.
Experience: Five (5) years of years of verifiable work experience in wastewater treatment facility, laboratory services, storm water and pollution prevention, or sanitary engineering capacity performing duties comparable to a sanitary engineering/water quality technician. This experience must include at least three (3) years of supervisory experience.
Notes: Possession of a valid Class C Driver’s License to be presented at the time of appointment. May be required to furnish own car (mileage allowance provided). Employee must continue to maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- Possession of California UST System Operator’s Certificate (From the International Code Council)
- Possession of Industrial Waste Inspection Grade II Certificate or higher issued by California Water Environment Association
- Strong ability to strategically plan and problem solve at the Management level
- Strong leadership skills when supervising supervisory personnel
- Ability to develop, establish and implement program objectives and action plans with appropriate milestones and timelines to meet program/organizational goals
- Knowledge of NPDES permit and State’s Sanitary Sewer Overflow Order compliance
- Knowledge of sustainability issues related to water quality, treatment, waste management, air quality
- Knowledge of underground storage tank, emerging pollutant of concerns, spill management
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org