Job Opportunity: Airport Operations Supervisor – SFO (9221)
Salary Range: $117,572 – $142,896
Filing Deadline: Thursday, November 18, 2021
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is hiring a dynamic individual to join a world class organization. Do you have a high school diploma; driver’s license and 4 years of experience of safety and/or security operations experience at an airport, airbase, airline, or military base performing safety, security and inspection duties; and one year of recent airfield operations experience? If so, we are hiring two Airport Operations Supervisors who will be supervising Airfield Safety Officers in duties which involve ensuring the safe, secure, and efficient operation of the Air Operations Area (AOA) and other airport facilities; and responds to all emergencies involving airport activities. Join the SFO team and contribute to our mission “to provide an exceptional Airport in service to our communities”. See official job announcement for more details. Apply today!
The essential functions of this classification include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervises Airfield Safety Officers and other subordinate staff and oversees the daily operations of a 24/7 section.
Develops and administers training programs, standard operating procedures, and other related programs; prepares and maintains training syllabus and records for Airfield staff.
- Coordinates all airside activities with various Federal, State and local agencies as well as other airport departments, tenants and agencies, including escorts and remote aircraft parking on the Airfield Operations Area.
Coordinates the airside construction and maintenance work with various airport departments, tenants and agencies.
- Responds to all emergencies involving airport activities.
Prepares informational and operational reports related to safety/security incidents, injuries and accidents; issues Notice to Airmen (NOTAMs) to reflect changing airfield conditions and/or hazards to air traffic; participates in safety risk assessments.
- Interprets and enforces Airport Rules and Federal Regulations; issues written and verbal admonishments/citations for violations; enters, reviews, and approves information in database.
- Conducts basic investigation of noise complaints and refers complaints received to the Noise Abatement Division.
- Develops and administers training for wildlife management; oversees the wildlife hazard management program including habitat control, harassment, depredation, and safe use of firearms.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent (GED or High School Proficiency Examination).
Experience: Four (4) years of safety and/or security operations experience at an airport, airbase, airline, or military base performing safety, security and inspection duties equivalent in scope and level to class 9213 Airfield Safety Officer in the City and County of San Francisco, of which one (1) year must include recent airfield operations experience.
License and Certification: Possession of or ability to obtain a valid California Class C driver license prior to employment.
Substitution: Possession of an associate degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Aviation Management or a related field may substitute for one (1) year of the required safety and/or security operations experience only.
Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Aviation Management or related field may substitute for two (2) years of the required safety and/or security operations experience only.
Completion of a six (6) month program equivalent to the City and County of San Francisco’s Airfield Operations Training Program may substitute for six (6) months of the required recent airfield operations experience.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
- Knowledge and ability to apply Airport and Aviation Security principles, methods, and practices.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Evidence of successfully managing projects and solving problems.
- Ability to meet commitments, work independently, accept accountability, and stay focused under pressure.
- Experience supervising subordinates in a 24/7 operation.
- Excellent analytical skills to understand problems and effectively develop solutions.
- Experience utilizing CCTV and video management systems.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com