Website https://twitter.com/flysfo San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
Job Opportunity: Airport Communications Dispatcher Trainee (9910)
Salary $35.00 / hourly
To learn more about this program and how to apply, visit: Airport Communications Dispatcher Trainee Program (9910)
Application Filing Deadline:
Apply immediately as this announcement may close at any time after 5:00 PM (PT) on March 24, 2023.
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is currently searching for individuals to be part of SFO’s Airport Communications Dispatcher Trainee Program. Trainees will gain hands on job experience.
Trainees will be trained on how to:
- Complete and maintain event records and logs via CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch)
- Dispatch and coordinate Police traffic Control units, Crash/Fire/Recuse, Airfield, maintenance, security, fire, medical and safety operations at the Airport
- Be a primary call taker for the Airport’s Emergency 911 Public Safety system
- Operate a centralized paging and public address system
1. Possession of a High School Diploma or proof of successful completion of an equivalency test (G.E.D. or California High School Proficiency Examination); AND
2. One (1) year (2000 hours) experience in a public contact position providing and/or soliciting information or providing a service.
- Completed POST-Entry-Level Dispatcher Selection Test Battery with a passing T-score of 51 or better (within the last 12 months).
- 6 months of dispatcher experience (i.e., 311, ambulance, security company).
- 6 months of heavy telephone traffic experience (PBX operator/customer service call center, multi-line phone systems).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
View an Inside SFO video about: SFO’s Communications Center
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org