Salary: $86,268.00 – $104,806.00/Yearly
To apply, visit the City & County of San Francisco’s Employment website at: https://www.jobapscloud.com/SF/sup/BulPreview.asp?R1=CBT&R2=9202&R3=903056
Application Filing Deadline:
Apply immediately as this announcement may close at any time after 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 22, 2021.
SFO is hiring experienced Public Safety Dispatchers to join our Airport Communications Dispatcher team. Our Airport Communication Dispatchers receive various calls for service for both emergency (including 911, medical, fire, police, rescue, and airfield) and non-emergency (including paging and information requests).
SFO’s mission is to provide an exceptional airport in service to our communities. We are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team. To learn more about SFO, visit www.flysfo.com.
- Receives emergency and non-emergency calls and efficiently gathers, evaluates, prioritizes, and documents information from callers; properly classifies and prioritizes any report or complaint information and determines appropriate course of action.
- Dispatches multiple emergency services and maintains the status of incidents and record of dispatched emergency service personnel and apparatus.
- Receives and disseminates information from other law enforcement and emergency service computer networks related to jurisdictional requests for police, fire, or medical service assistance, or to notices of wanted persons, stolen property, warrants and all points bulletins.
- Operates Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) system for operational/officer-safety-related needs.
- Monitors alarm systems to ensure that proper action is taken for critical alarms received.
- Operates data terminal equipment to ascertain if vehicles are stolen and to whom vehicle is registered.
Nature of Work
Dispatchers work under unpredictable periods of stress caused by the volume of calls and/or emergency conditions in the field involving the protection of life and property. Persons employed in this class must work shift assignments, which includes around-the-clock, weekend and holiday work schedules. Employees are subject to changes in shift assignments. Due to the emergency nature of this work, mandatory overtime is required.
Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D. or High School Proficiency Examination).
One (1) year of verifiable experience as a public safety (police/fire) dispatcher in a multi-frequency computerized dispatch/communications center.
Experience substitution – Completion of a twelve (12) months program equivalent to the City and County of San Francisco’s Airport Communications Dispatcher Trainee Program may substitute for the one (1) year of required work experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org