Website San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
San Diego International is built upon the vision that every team member has a stake in bringing our “Good Feelings, Nonstop” brand to life for every passenger and fellow employee. Here at the Airport Authority, we love San Diego as much as we love flying, and we see our airport as an extension of the always friendly and sunny city we call home. If you’re looking for a team that values each other, does great work, and most importantly, has a lot of fun along the way, we invite you to apply today.
The Airport Design & Construction Department is looking for an individual with demonstrated experience in building design and systems in a Technical Coordinator role. Enjoy a flexible telecommuting schedule on Fridays as you support the management of airport tenant improvement projects and:
1. Coordinate and monitor the overall project management activities related to the planning, design, and construction phases of tenant improvement (TI) projects in the airport terminals; enable projects with internal, external cross-functional partners and regulatory agencies; facilitate decision-making and project meetings.
2. Collaborate on various technical architectural aspects of TI projects; track and support construction phases, schedule, estimates, proposals, submittals, task/change orders and permits; complete site visits and observations as needed; prepare and review project scope of work; ensure conformance of activities with requirements, commitment, and mandates.
Serves as the liaison on contractor activities with internal partners; coordinate project documentation, revisions, and distributions; coordinate real-time issue and priorities conflict resolution and verify agreements with partners.
Translate and clarify project vision and information; compile technical information, relay updates to appropriate parties, and support project close-out efforts.
5. Track and maintain project documentation and delivery process; complete technical research and contribute to the design and redesigning of tenant spaces; define technical reports, agendas, reports, presentations, and correspondence.
1. Technical Skills – Anticipates and analyzes project design and construction drawings and specifications; reviews plans, schedules, and project costs for impacts to business objectives and operation; generates and communicates information; problem solves and makes decision; works with established standards, demonstrates strong attention to detail.
2. Facilitation Skills – Self motivates, works autonomously and collaboratively coordinates and drives deliverable, relationship, and expectations; completes work objectives, gains others support for ideas, projects, and solutions.
3. Project Management Skills – Competently translates project requirements, determines processes to achieve project strategy; verifies project efficiency and collaboration to ensure timely completion.
4. Interpersonal Ability – Cultivates relationships and facilitates expectations, needs, change and approach to work; develops others, recognizes achievements, and completes work objectives; gains support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions; proficiently listens, communicates, interprets, presents, and clarifies ideas and expectations; effectively exchanges information verbally, digitally and written format; facilitates and persuades.
5. Problem-Solving/Agility Skills – Reviews situation or factor and collaboratively generates alternative or solution; readily adapts behavior or new work methods, evolving and unexpected situations and obstacles.
6. Leveraging Technology – Effective use of electronic information and associated systems.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Associates degree in construction, engineering, architecture, project management, business administration or a closely related field.
- Five years of construction project management, project cost controls, construction safety, architectural design, or engineering experience.
- Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
***Architectural license or Professional Engineer license is preferred but not required.
The starting hiring salary for this position is $87,500.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
As a condition of employment, the selected candidate must provide proof of fully-vaccinated COVID-19 vaccination status prior to their first day of employment unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved by the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority’s Talent, Culture & Capability Department.
Physical & Mental Demands
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this class with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the hiring department to accommodate the limitation.
To apply for this job please visit sdcraa-openhire.silkroad.com.