Website San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
San Diego International is built upon the vision that every team member has a stake in bringing our “Good Feelings, Nonstop” brand to life for every passenger and fellow employee. Here at the Airport Authority, we love San Diego as much as we love flying, and we see our airport as an extension of the always friendly and sunny city we call home. If you’re looking for a team that values each other, does great work, and most importantly, has a lot of fun along the way, we invite you to apply today.
The Airport Design & Construction (ADC) department is looking for an analytical individual with demonstrated experience in project budgeting, schedules, and cost analysis in a Senior Project Controls Analyst role. The selected candidate will work closely with project managers to develop construction budgets, analyze project financial trends and;
1. Plan, monitor, and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; assign and establish work expectations; provide feedback and coaching for performance improvement and development; foster collaborative relationships and an inclusive work environment.
2. Develop, implement, and maintain budgets, forecasts, cost plans and schedules, and other financial information for projects and program; gather project financial information and data from key project stakeholders.
3. Monitor, track, and analyze project financial trends by comparing budget against actual expenditure and forecast data; analyze variances to budget, costs, and schedules across multiple projects; update budgets, schedules, and cost plans.
4. Perform various cost, budget and expenditure analysis for projects and program; review critical path analyses and baseline schedules and define metrics; develop cash flow forecasting and cost reporting; interpret financial information and identify impacts, milestones, and trends; provide input and make recommendations to optimize cash flows and mitigate or reduce risks.
5. Collaborate and maintain relationships with cross-functional teams; attend and participate in project status meetings; and performs other duties as required.
1. Process Knowledge: Understanding of principles, methods and techniques of budget development, cost accounting and financial analysis.
2. Project Management Skills: Understanding of project scope, budget and timeline and ability to assess required process steps and resources needed to achieve defined outcomes and objectives.
3. Critical Evaluation: Analyzes and translates business requirements, data and information to specify solutions or alternative practices in support of business objectives and strategies; identifies optimal solutions.
4. Relationship Skills: Collaborates and facilitates relations with stakeholders, identifies and relates information, ideas and resolves problems, champions initiatives and ideas.
5. Communication: Effectively exchanges information through various avenues including verbal, digital and written format; organizes and shares information clearly and concisely; facilitates and persuades.
6. Leveraging Technology: Effective use of electronic information and associated systems.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
· Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in public or business administration, finance, accounting, or a related field; and
· Seven years of progressively responsible experience in governmental or construction budgeting, financial analysis, or professional accounting, of which at least two three years were in a lead of supervisory[A1] Capital Improvement Program projectscapacity andwith at least one of those years being in a lead or supervisory capacity;;
· Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Depending on experience and qualifications, the hiring range is $77,633 – $102,863.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Physical & Mental Demands
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this class with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the hiring department to accommodate the limitation.
To apply for this job please visit sdcraa-openhire.silkroad.com.