Website San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
San Diego International is built upon the vision that every team member has a stake in bringing our “Good Feelings, Nonstop” brand to life for every passenger and fellow employee. Here at the Airport Authority, we love San Diego as much as we love flying, and we see our airport as an extension of the always friendly and sunny city we call home. If you’re looking for a team that values each other, does great work, and most importantly, has a lot of fun along the way, we invite you to apply today.
The Information & Technology Services Department is looking for a self-directed individual with demonstrated technical networking skills in a Senior Network Engineer role. Enjoy a flexible telecommuting schedule (3 days remote, 2 days on-site) as you design and configure network infrastructure and:
1. Design, plan, implement, and maintain the entire network infrastructure that supports the San Diego International airport. Technologies under your care will be LAN, WAN, wireless, and security all riding on a mostly Cisco based solution. Solutions include ACI, ICE, 802.1x, and Stealthwatch.
2. On daily basis, monitor network, verify integrity and availability of network infrastructures, resources, and key processes; analyze capacity, performance, configure network and make upgrade recommendations; develop detailed network diagrams, as built design, architecture documentation, and standard operating procedures.
3. Maximize network performance and uptime through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting; apply network IOS patches and firmware updates; increase efficiency and accuracy via the use of automated tools and scripts.
4. Diagnose and resolve routine to highly complex network problems; collaborate with stakeholders and users to resolve any network related incidents; coordinate and maintain service contracts for maintenance and repairs with vendors; participate in on-call schedule.
5. Support and maintain the Cisco VoIP technology that includes Cisco Gateways, Cisco Unified Call Manager (CUCM), Unity and other VoIP components.
6. Ensure disaster recovery and data integrity by maintaining local and cloud configuration backups and tests restores; verify completion of scheduled nightly backup jobs; develop and execute contingency and disaster recovery plans; partner with internal and external auditors to conduct vulnerability assessments and penetration tests; perform related duties as assigned.
1. Critical Evaluation: Ability to exercise independent discretion and judgment to analyze and define a problem, evaluate alternative solutions, and identify an optimal solution; listens and clarifies information as needed.
2. Communication: Effectively exchange information with stakeholders through various avenues, including but not limited to verbal, written, facilitation, and persuasion.
3. Judgement & Decision Making: Ability to use appropriate judgement and confidentiality in selecting procedures, conducting transactions with other departments, vendors and the public and solving non-routine problems based on experience-based knowledge.
4. Customer & Personal Service: Provides assistance and support to internal and external stakeholders on a diverse and specialized range of IT related functions with a timely, friendly, and welcoming demeanor.
5. Project Coordination: Ability to determine appropriate measures to achieve project goals and prioritize the measures; able to fully engage project participants to deliver an acceptable result in the time allocated.
6. Leveraging Technology: Proficient in wired, wireless, local and area wide network systems.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree with a major in computer science, management information systems or a closely related field.
· Seven years of progressively responsible experience in networking, Information Technology and associated systems, or security systems.
· One year of experience serving in a project lead or supervisory capacity over complex technical assignments.
· Equivalent combination of training and experience.
Licenses; Certificates; Special Requirements:
Preferred certifications include CCNA, CCNP (Routing & Switching), CCNP (Security), CCIE (Routing & Switching) and CCIE (Security), CompTIA A+, MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional), MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer), Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900), Microsoft Azure Administrator (AZ-104), VCP (VMWare Certified Professional).
The starting hiring salary for this position is $110,373.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
As a condition of employment, the selected candidate must provide proof of fully-vaccinated COVID-19 vaccination status prior to their first day of employment unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved by the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority’s Talent, Culture & Capability Department.
Physical & Mental Demands
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this class with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the hiring department to accommodate the limitation.
To apply for this job please visit sdcraa-openhire.silkroad.com.