Website San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
The San Diego Airport Authority is proud of its team members, we have a high performing culture and challenge ourselves through innovations…we work fast, value each other and have fun along the way.
The Information & Technology Services department is looking for a self-directed individual with demonstrated technical skills with project management software applications in a Senior Applications Development Analyst role. The ideal candidate will partner with departments throughout the Authority to design, develop and enhance business applications and;
- Administers specialized project management system software (PMWeb) to meet user requirements; coordinates set up and interface activities; coordinates the installation and testing of software upgrades and enhancements; performs system and database backups.
- Architects the overall design, configuration, support, maintenance and training in PMWeb for the support of capital planning, funding, cost management and controls, scheduling, document management, bid management, and field related activities
- Architects the overall design, configuration, support, maintenance and training in PMWeb in support of facilities projects of all types, including planning projects, maintenance projects and capital projects on campus, including new construction, facility renovations and infrastructure upgrades.
- Reviews, analyzes and evaluates business systems and future needs; formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies; writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
- Coordinates and supervises the Project Management Systems staff in the configuration and development of PMWeb and related report repositories; coordinates the training of users and the preparation of training materials and handouts; coordinates and conducts training presentations and one-on-one training sessions.
- Assists in advanced troubleshooting and diagnosing application performance problems and error messages using standard tools and utilities; corrects or refers problems to vendors.
- Defines and recommends standards for data entry of project information in applicable databases; provides business and technical recommendations to department staff and program controls by conducting research, analyzing data and drafting policy and procedure documents to address identified needs and issues; analyzes program and operational data and develops recommendations to improve productivity and effectiveness; sets standards based on best practices, compiles materials, researches problems and complaints and responds to requests for information.
- Participates in new work proposal formulation, including the development of plans, demonstrations and presentations; functions as the department’s authority on information technology issues; provides coordination across several Authority departments on future initiatives and technological implementation projects. Routinely presents project status to executive staff.
- Coordinates with department heads and their staff on integrating Authority accounting systems, department project management database systems, desktop spreadsheet systems and scheduling software; makes suggestions for the automation of work processes; assists other section staff in performing a variety of technical and administrative support duties; performs other duties as assigned in relation to qualifications and skills.
Project Management Skills– Competently determines processes to achieve project strategy; verifies project efficiency and collaboration to ensure timely completion.
Influence Skills– Ability to gain others support for ideas, proposals, projects and solutions.
Critical Evaluation Skills– Ability to analyze and define a problem, evaluate alternative solutions, and identify optimal solution; listens and clarifies information as needed.
Interpersonal Skills – skills to communicate clearly, establish and clarify ideas and expectations, conflict resolution listen and engage others and collaborate effectively.
Communication Skills – proficiently exchange information through various avenues including verbal, digital, written, facilitation and persuasion with both internal and external stakeholders.
Technical Ability – ability to serve as the subject matter expert on specialized and/or technical tasks, projects and systems.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in computer science, management information systems or a closely related field;
- Five years of business systems application development and specifications design experience;
- Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Preferred Experience; experience with PMIS or construction management software such as PMWeb, Unifier, Prolog, Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services and/or integration adapter tools such as Morpheus.
Current salary range for this role has a midpoint of $94,525.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Physical & Mental Demands
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this class with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the hiring department to accommodate the limitation.
To apply for this job please visit sdcraa-openhire.silkroad.com.