Website San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
San Diego International Airport is built upon the vision that every team member has a stake in bringing our “Good Feelings, Nonstop” brand to life for every passenger and fellow employee. Here at the Airport Authority, we love San Diego as much as we love flying, and we see our airport as an extension of the always friendly and sunny city we call home. If you are looking for a team that values each other, does great work, and most importantly, has a lot of fun along the way, we invite you to apply today.
The Airport Design & Construction (ADC) department is looking for a highly organized and motivated individual with demonstrated project management and leadership skills in a Project Manager, Tenant Improvement role. The ideal candidate will plan, organize, and manage Tenant Improvement projects on airport property and:
1. Partner with relevant stakeholders to review Tenant’s statement of work and development of concept plans, review tenant submitted construction documents against Airport standards and oversee Tenant Improvement projects’ construction and closeout phases.
2. Plan, organize, direct, and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; establish performance requirements and personal development targets; regularly monitor performance and provide coaching for performance improvement and development.
3. Track project’s progress against project commitments; facilitates regular project meetings with stakeholders; communicate project milestones, status updates, as well as any existing or potential customer escalation issues.
4. Define project roles and responsibilities with the designated project team; manage change in project scope; prepare reports, presentations and documentation as required.
5. Provide oversight of airport review process of tenant Improvement projects such as interior remodeling of F&B Concessions, Retails, Advertisement, Airline proprietary spaces within terminals, landside, and airside.
1. Leadership & Influencing Skills – Motivates others through relationship, expectations and approach; gains others support for ideas, proposals, projects and solutions.
2. Project Management Skills – Competently determines processes to achieve project strategy; verifies project efficiency and collaboration to ensure timely completion and customer satisfaction.
3. Critical Evaluation – Translates business requirements, objectives and strategies, analyzes and defines problems, advances alternative solutions, identifies optimal solution, listens and clarifies information.
4. Problem-Solving/Agility Skills – Reviews the situation or factors and collaboratively generates alternative solutions, readily adapts behavior or new work methods to evolving and unexpected situations and obstacles.
5. Interpersonal Ability – Proficiently communicates clearly, interprets, establishes and clarifies ideas and expectations and engages others, collaborates with stakeholders and effectively exchanges information verbally, digitally and in written format, facilitates and persuades.
6. Leveraging Technology – Effectively uses electronic information and associated systems.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
· Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in architecture, project management, construction management or a closely related field.
· Eight years of progressively responsible experience in a public agency or consulting organization focused on program management, project management, construction management and design, at least three of which were in a management capacity.
· Or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Management experience in a medium or large airport is preferred.
Possession of a California Architecture license is preferred but not required.
Depending on experience and qualifications, the hiring range is $85,178 – $112,860.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
As a condition of employment, the selected candidate must provide proof of fully-vaccinated COVID-19 vaccination status prior to their first day of employment unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved by the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority’s Talent, Culture & Capability Department.
Physical & Mental Demands
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this class with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the hiring department to accommodate the limitation.
To apply for this job please visit sdcraa-openhire.silkroad.com.