Website San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
San Diego International Airport is built upon the vision that every team member has a stake in bringing our “Good Feelings, Nonstop” brand to life for every passenger and fellow employee. Here at the Airport Authority, we love San Diego as much as we love flying, and we see our airport as an extension of the always friendly and sunny city we call home. If you are looking for a team that values each other, does great work, and most importantly, has a lot of fun along the way, we invite you to apply today.
The Airport Design & Construction (ADC) department is looking for a highly organized and motivated individual with demonstrated project management and leadership skills in a Project Manager, Civil role. The ideal candidate will plan, organize and manage civil engineering projects on airport property and;
1. Partner with relevant stakeholders to develop statement of work; develop, maintain, and track project scope, schedule, and budget, ensure projects are completing on-time and within budget.
2. Plan, organize, direct, and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; establish performance requirements and personal development targets; regularly monitor performance and provide coaching for performance improvement and development.
3. Track project members’ progress against project commitments; facilitates regular project meetings with stakeholders; communicate project milestones, status updates, as well as any existing or potential customer escalation issues.
4. Define project roles and responsibilities with the designated project team; manage change in project scope, schedule, and cost; prepare reports, presentations and documentation as required.
5. Participate in the consultant selection processes, negotiate agreements and consultant fees; review and approve contractor payment requests and change orders; and provide oversight of contract closeout.
6. Partners with stakeholders to develop requests for proposals, consulting agreements and similar contracts; and manages, monitors, and reviews the work of consultants and ensure contract requirements are satisfied.
1. Leadership & Influencing Skills – Motivates others through relationship, expectations and approach; gains others support for ideas, proposals, projects and solutions.
2. Project Management Skills – Competently determines processes to achieve project strategy; verifies project efficiency and collaboration to ensure timely completion.
3. Critical Evaluation – Translates business requirements, objectives and strategies, analyzes and defines problems, advances alternative solutions, identifies optimal solution, listens and clarifies information.
4. Problem-Solving/Agility Skills – Reviews the situation or factors and collaboratively generates alternative solutions, readily adapts behavior or new work methods to evolving and unexpected situations and obstacles.
5. Interpersonal Ability – Proficiently communicates clearly, interprets, establishes and clarifies ideas and expectations and engages others, collaborates with stakeholders and effectively exchanges information verbally, digitally and in written format, facilitates and persuades.
6. Leveraging Technology – Effectively uses electronic information and associated systems
Required Education, Training and Experience:
· Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in architecture, project management, construction management or a closely related field;
· Eight years of progressively responsible experience in a public agency or consulting organization focused on program management, project management, construction management and design, at least three of which were in a management capacity;
· Or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Management experience in a medium or large airport is preferred.
***Possession of a California Professional Engineer license is preferred but not required.
Depending on experience and qualifications, the hiring range is $85,178 – $112,860.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Physical & Mental Demands
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this class with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the hiring department to accommodate the limitation.
To apply for this job please visit sdcraa-openhire.silkroad.com.