Website San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
aSan Diego International is built upon the vision that every team member has a stake in bringing our “Good Feelings, Nonstop” brand to life for every passenger and fellow employee. Here at the Airport Authority, we love San Diego as much as we love flying, and we see our airport as an extension of the always friendly and sunny city we call home. If you’re looking for a team that values each other, does great work, and most importantly, has a lot of fun along the way, we invite you to apply today.
The Airport Design & Construction Department is searching for a detail-oriented individual with demonstrated experience supporting construction project teams as a Project Assistant. The selected candidate will provide technical clerical and administrative support for all phases of Capital and Major Maintenance projects and:
1. Provides administrative support to project managers and staff; types and/or drafts project related documents utilizing the Authority’s standard templates; responds to contractor and customer issues and ensures timely corrective action.
2. Proofreads typed and other materials for accuracy, completeness and compliance with Authority and department standards, policies, and procedures; maintains databases and project information in PMWeb; prepares bid packages and corresponding forms.
3. Assists with the preparation and processing of project closeouts; prepares and distributes staff reports, checklists and related information for design and construction phases for Board review.
4. Reviews invoices to ensure for conformance with contract provisions and budget; processes contract payment; schedules and coordinates design meetings, pre-bid conferences, bid openings, pre-construction, safety, and construction progress meetings.
1. Communication: Proficiently exchange information through various avenues including verbal, digital, written; facilitation and persuasion with both internal and external stakeholders.
2. Judgement & Decision Making: Ability to use appropriate judgement and confidentiality in selecting procedures, conducting transactions with other departments, vendors and the public and solving non-routine problems based on experience-based knowledge.
3. Customer & Personal Service: Provides assistance and support to Department Director, departmental staff and outside stakeholders on diverse and specialized clerical functions with a friendly and welcoming demeanor.
4. Time Management & Coordination: Ability to prioritize rapidly moving deadlines and various tasks to meet the department’s needs and manage personal workflow.
5. Leveraging Technology: Proficient in computer systems, word processing, database management and other software. Proficiency in Power Point, Word, Excel, and PMWeb is desired.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Graduation from high school or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Five years of increasingly responsible technical or administrative support experience
- Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Two years of facilities or construction industry administrative experience preferred.
Depending on experience and qualifications, the hiring range is $53,451 – $66,813.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Physical & Mental Demands
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this class with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the hiring department to accommodate the limitation.
To apply for this job please visit sdcraa-openhire.silkroad.com.