Website San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
San Diego International is built upon the vision that every team member has a stake in bringing our “Good Feelings, Nonstop” brand to life for every passenger and fellow employee. Here at the Airport Authority, we love San Diego as much as we love flying, and we see our airport as an extension of the always friendly and sunny city we call home. If you’re looking for a team that values each other, does great work, and most importantly, has a lot of fun along the way, we invite you to apply today.
The Information & Technology Services Department is looking for a self-directed individual with demonstrated networking redesign and customer support skills in a 5-year limited duration Senior Systems Support Analyst role. Limited status equals full-time employment with a term of up to five years and the selected candidate will participate in benefit plans offered. Enjoy a flexible telecommuting schedule (3 days remote, 2 days on-site) as you collaborate on the network redesign project for the new Terminal 1 and:
1. Implement and manage network security infrastructure including Cisco ASA and FTD firewalls, Cisco Firepower Management Center, Identity Service Engine 802.1x (ISE), Cisco SD-Access and Cisco ACI datacenter software defined networking, Cisco WLC, VXLAN underlay and overlay networks, and LISP.
2. Perform daily network monitoring; conduct capacity and performance analysis and provide network configuration and upgrade recommendations; develop detailed network diagrams, as built design, architecture documentation, and standard operating procedures.
3. Maximize network performance and uptime through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting; apply network IOS patches and firmware updates; increase efficiency and accuracy via the use of automated tools and scripts.
4. Diagnose and resolve routine to highly complex network problems; collaborate with stakeholders and users to resolve any network related incidents; coordinate and manage service contracts for maintenance and repairs with vendors; participate in a rotating weekly on-call schedule.
5. Ensure disaster recovery and data integrity by managing local and cloud backups and restores; develop and execute contingency and disaster recovery plans; partner with internal and external auditors to conduct vulnerability assessments and penetration tests
6. Implement and manage Cisco Call Manager and Unity Voice over IP telephony technology, Aruba, and Cisco wireless network infrastructure, manage secure connectivity to/from various cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, MIS), VMWare ESXi with SAN and hyperconverged infrastructure.
1. Critical Evaluation: Ability to analyze and define a problem, evaluate alternative solutions, and identify an optimal solution; listens and clarifies information as needed.
2. Communication: Effectively exchange information with stakeholders through various avenues, including but not limited to verbal, written, facilitation, and persuasion.
3. Judgement & Decision Making: Ability to use appropriate judgement and confidentiality in selecting procedures, conducting transactions with other departments, vendors and the public and solving non-routine problems based on experience-based knowledge.
4. Customer & Personal Service: Provides assistance and support to internal and external stakeholders on a diverse and specialized range of IT related functions with a friendly and welcoming demeanor.
5. Project Coordination: Ability to determine appropriate measures to achieve project goals and prioritize the measures; able to fully engage project participants to deliver an acceptable result in the time allocated.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in computer science, management information systems or a closely related field.
- Five years of progressively responsible network experience.
- Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
The hiring salary for this position is $93,375.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
As a condition of employment, the selected candidate must provide proof of fully-vaccinated COVID-19 vaccination status prior to their first day of employment unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved by the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority’s Talent, Culture & Capability Department.
Physical & Mental Demands
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this class with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the hiring department to accommodate the limitation.
To apply for this job please visit sdcraa-openhire.silkroad.com.