Website San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
San Diego International Airport is built upon the vision that every team member has a stake in bringing our “Good Feelings, Nonstop” brand to life for every passenger and fellow employee. Here at the Airport Authority, we love San Diego as much as we love flying, and we see our airport as an extension of the always friendly and sunny city we call home. If you’re looking for a team that values each other, does great work, and most importantly, has a lot of fun along the way, we invite you to apply today. The Airport Authority also prides itself as being a sustainability leader, in terms of financial strength, social capital, and environmental conservation (more info at sustain.san.org).
The Planning & Environmental Affairs Department is looking for a self-motivated, forward-thinking individual with demonstrated knowledge of environmental compliance regulations and proven leadership skills in a Manager, Environmental Affairs role. The selected candidate will manage the Authority’s Environmental Compliance program area and;
- Lead the Authority’s environmental compliance programs, which focus on water quality, air quality, endangered species, hazardous waste and materials, and industrial environmental health.
- Develop and obtain permits from regulatory agencies for airport operations and capital construction projects, ensure permit compliance, and compile required compliance reports.
- Manage and participate in performing environmental field investigative and compliance work and special studies requiring a high level of technical expertise and knowledge; manage the compilation and analysis of data and findings and recommend course of action.
- Develop and conduct program outreach and promotional activities for departmental programs; plan initiatives to encourage public participation in environmental programs; participate in analyses of environmental aspects of the Authority’s capital construction programs.
- Plan, organize, and evaluate the work of the department; participate in the development and monitoring of departmental budget; manage, recommend and oversee environmental programs to achieve Authority and department goals.
- Plan, organize, direct and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; establish performance requirements and personal development targets; regularly monitor performance and provide coaching for performance improvement and development; provide leadership and participates in programs and activities that promote workplace diversity and a positive employee environment.
1. Leadership – Engages and motivates individuals and teams to deliver results by defining work objectives, setting expectations and recognizing achievements; ensures high productivity and commitment of team members by maintaining effective communication and relationships.
2. Change Management – Identifies and implements available tools, techniques, and behaviors necessary to support change efforts that require the adoption and realization of change to achieve business outcomes and initiatives; adapts to evolving situations and effectively addresses resistances and concerns.
3. Project Management – Accurately assesses project scope, budget and timeline by determining required process steps and resources needed to achieve defined outcomes and objectives; monitors and verifies task completion and resolves coordination issues to assure efficient, timely completion.
4. Relationship Management – Cultivates interpersonal rapport and trust, both up and down, by exhibiting consistency and reliability; listens for issues or conflicts and coaches others to relevant and meaningful solutions.
5. Influence – Communicates and writes proficiently to gain others’ support for ideas, proposals, projects and solutions; articulates clear rationale and is assertive while exhibiting flexibility.
6. Integrity – Exercises diplomacy and discretion in dealing with highly sensitive, complex, and confidential issues and situations.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in environmental, biological, physical or chemical science or a closely-related field to work being performed by the Authority;
- Eight years of progressively-responsible experience involving analysis, planning, and/or implementation of professional environmental-related program assignments, at least three years of which were in a project or program management or supervisory capacity;
- Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
The hiring range is $77,633 – $102,863, depending on experience and qualifications.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Physical & Mental Demands
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this class with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the hiring department to accommodate the limitation.
To apply for this job please visit sdcraa-openhire.silkroad.com.