Website San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
San Diego International is built upon the vision that every team member has a stake in bringing our “Good Feelings, Nonstop” brand to life for every passenger and fellow employee. Here at the Airport Authority, we love San Diego as much as we love flying, and we see our airport as an extension of the always friendly and sunny city we call home. If you’re looking for a team that values each other, does great work, and most importantly, has a lot of fun along the way, we invite you to apply today.
The Quieter Home Program (QHP) Department is looking for a detail-oriented individual with demonstrated project management and leadership skills in a Construction Manager role to manage the retrofitting of homes to reduce noise impact to the Airport’s neighbors. Enjoy a flexible telecommuting schedule (2 days remote, 3 days on-site) as you oversee the management of multiple construction projects and:
1. Manage and lead the overall construction project including technical, financial, and client satisfaction; develop procedures for monitoring the progression of planning design and construction phases; interface with project designers and contractors to ensure procedures are followed; oversees periodic inspection of construction activities; evaluates progress of project to determine conformance with time schedule and cost objectives.
2. Coordinate construction project designs with regional, state, and federal jurisdictions including the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), homeowners, the public and special interest groups; assists with the preparation, and implementation of the Authority’s Residential Sound Insulation Program.
3. Direct, plan, and evaluate the activities of construction inspectors; train and provide technical expertise and guidance to assigned staff; research problems and complaints received from homeowners and the community.
4. Serve as a liaison between the Authority and general contractors on sound insulation construction projects, including job site construction inspection; monitor and assess construction performance and record construction activities to ensure compliance with construction documents.
5. Maintain project documentation through review of construction inspectors’ daily status reports; monitor and track contract schedules; review contractor change orders and make recommendations for changes; facilitate pre-construction and regularly scheduled construction meetings.
1. Leadership & Influencing – Motivates others through relationship, expectations, and approach; develops others, recognizes achievements, and completes work objectives, gains others support for ideas, proposals, projects, and solutions.
2. Project Management – Accurately assesses project scope, budget, and timeline by determining required process steps and resources needed to achieve defined outcomes and objectives; monitors and verifies task completion and resolves coordination issues to assure efficient, timely completion.
3. Critical Evaluation – Translates business requirements, objectives, and strategies, analyzes, and defines design and construction problems, listens, and clarifies information, advances alternatives, and implements optimal solutions.
4. Problem-Solving/Agility – Completes review of situation or factor and collaboratively generates alternative or solution, readily adapts behavior or new work methods, manages evolving and unexpected situations and obstacles.
5. Relationship Management – Cultivates interpersonal rapport and trust, both up and down, by exhibiting consistency and reliability; listens for issues or conflicts and coaches’ others to relevant and meaningful solutions.
6. Interpersonal Ability – Proficiently communicates clearly, interprets, establishes, and clarifies ideas and expectations and engages others, collaborates with stakeholders with diplomacy and discretion, and effectively exchanges information verbally, digitally and in written format, facilitates and persuades.
7. Change Management – Identifies and implements available tools, techniques, and behaviors necessary to support change efforts that require the adoption and realization of change to achieve business outcomes and initiatives; adapts to evolving situations and effectively addresses resistances and concerns.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in engineering, architecture, project management, construction management, or a closely related field.
- Six years of progressively responsible experience in a public agency or consulting organization focused on construction management, at least two of which were in a supervisory or management capacity of construction staff.
- Equivalent combination of training and experience.
Depending on experience and qualifications, the hiring range for this position is $85,178 – $112,860.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
As a condition of employment, the selected candidate must provide proof of fully-vaccinated COVID-19 vaccination status prior to their first day of employment unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved by the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority’s Talent, Culture & Capability Department.
Physical & Mental Demands
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this class with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the hiring department to accommodate the limitation.
To apply for this job please visit sdcraa-openhire.silkroad.com.