San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
The San Diego Airport Authority is proud of its team members. We have a high-performing culture and challenge ourselves through innovation – we work fast, value each other and have fun along the way.
The External Relations Department is looking for an experienced professional with demonstrated community relations and relationship management skills in a Community Relations Specialist role. The ideal candidate will serve as a liaison between the community and the Authority, establish and maintain strong community partnerships and;
1. Represent the Authority at a wide variety of community and public interaction forums; plan, develop and coordinate educational and engagement sessions; establish and maintain relationships between the Authority and external agencies and community organizations.
2. As assigned, write speeches, press releases, articles and social media posts on behalf of the Authority; prepare presentations; attend public speaking engagements and interact with the media as needed; provide input for communication strategy and community outreach programs.
3. Serve as a liaison between the Authority and the community; assess community values, issues and concerns to elevate as appropriate throughout the organization; remain up to date on current community, local and governmental issues.
1. Relationship Management: Builds and maintains relations with stakeholders, identifies and relates information, ideas and problems, champions initiatives and ideas based on collaborative solutions.
2. Interpersonal & Presentation Skills: Seeks and proficiently presents information in writing, verbally and digitally, clearly presents information, facilitates and persuades others in a group and one-on-one forum.
3. Influence – Development and engagement of stakeholders to shape outcomes, collaboration to deliver solutions, ability to gain others support for ideas, proposals, projects and solutions.
4. Critical Evaluation – Ability to analyze and define a problem, evaluate alternative solutions, and identify an optimal solution; listens and clarifies information as needed.
5. Agility – Proactively adapts behavior and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
6. Judgment & Decision Making: Ability to use appropriate judgment and confidentiality in selecting procedures, conducting transactions with other departments, leadership, vendors and the public and solving non-routine problems based on experience based knowledge.
This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
1. Graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in public or business administration, political science public policy or a closely related field;
2. At least five years of progressively responsible experience in communications, public or media relations or external affairs;
3. Or an equivalent combination or training and experience.
Depending on experience, hiring reward is $62,450 – $81,209.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this class with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the hiring department to accommodate the limitation.
To apply for this job please visit sdcraa-openhire.silkroad.com.