The San Diego Airport Authority is proud of its team members. We have a high performing culture and we challenge ourselves through innovation…we work fast, value each other and have fun along the way.
The Airport Design & Construction Department (ADC) is searching for a self-directed individual with demonstrated leadership and technical experience in an Aviation Systems Integration Program Manager role. The ADC Department is responsible for implementing the Authority’s Airport Development Plan, including the design and construction of terminal, airside and landside improvements. In addition, the department implements the Authority’s Capital Improvement Program (CIP), delivers Major Maintenance Program (MMP) projects and provides technical and professional on-call services for broader Authority needs.
The position is an essential part of the ADC team and will oversee the integration of aviation technology, including terminal and landside technology systems, into the design and construction of a broad range of CIP projects at the airport. Interested candidates should be versed in technology solutions with experience integrating with construction teams focused on delivering successful aviation projects. An ideal candidate will seek to work collaboratively with other airport departments to realize organizational strategies and objectives and incorporate sustainable practices into programs, deliverables, projects infrastructure and platforms. Typical duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversees delivery and design of various terminal and landside facilities mechanical and special technology solutions and infrastructure, low voltage, baggage handling, fire life safety and intrusion detection systems to ensure standards and integration of systems; manages requirements validation, system design, hardware and software procurement, systems installation and testing, systems acceptance, and training.
- Manages project life cycle including scope, budget, schedule, costs, design, quality and delivery; ensures alignment of work efforts with organizational priorities, plans, standards and programs.
- Coaches and fosters team’s success, competencies, accountability, development, diversity and customer focus; recognizes and rewards achievements, completes corrective action and oversees consulting/contractor services.
- Collaborates and negotiates activities with designers, contractors, cross-functional project teams, and other stakeholders; resolves issues, conflicts and problems particularly with respect to process designing, redesigning and integration of operational practices.
- Serves as primary liaison with designer on design issues during design phase and on scope change design issues during construction; maintains partnerships with cross-functional teams, consultants and other stakeholders; represents programs and projects as the Authority representative and makes presentations.
- Tracks and documents financial, statistical, project data activities and plans; generates reports, written materials and learning plans; keeps current with industry trends and sustainable practices; performs related duties as assigned.
- Leadership & Influencing Skills – Motivates others through relationship, expectations and approach; develops others, recognizes achievements and completes work objectives, gains others support for ideas, proposals, projects and solutions.
- Project Management Skills – Competently determines processes to achieve project strategy; verifies project efficiency and collaboration to ensure timely completion.
- Critical Evaluation – Translates business requirements, objectives and strategies, analyzes and defines problems, advances alternative solutions, identifies optimal solution, listens and clarifies information.
- Problem-Solving/Agility Skills – Completes review of situation or factor and collaboratively generates alternative or solution, readily adapts behavior or new work methods, evolving and unexpected situations and obstacles.
- Relationship Management– Cultivates interpersonal rapport and trust by exhibiting consistency and reliability; listens for issues or conflicts and coaches others to relevant and meaningful solutions.
- Interpersonal Ability – Proficiently communicates clearly, interprets, establishes and clarifies ideas and expectations and engages others, collaborates with stakeholders and effectively exchanges information verbally, digitally and written format, facilitates and persuades.
- Leveraging Technology – Effective use of electronic information and associated systems.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in engineering, technology, project management or a closely field.
- At least eight years of aviation technology design and construction experience, of which at least three years were in a management capacity.
- Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) certification as a Registered Communications Distribution Designer or a Registered Telecommunications Project Manager is highly desirable.
Depending on experience, hiring reward is up to $122,673 annually.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit www.san.org.