Website San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
Together we’ll GO far.
The San Diego County Regional Airport Authority is proud of its team members, we have a high performing culture and challenge ourselves through innovation…we work fast, value each other and have fun along the way.
The Airport Design & Construction Department (ADC) is responsible for implementing the Authority’s Airport Development Plan, including the design and construction of terminal, airside and landside improvements. In addition, the department implements the Authority’s Capital Improvement Program (CIP), delivers Major Maintenance Program (MMP) projects and provides technical and professional on-call services for broader Authority needs.
The department is searching for a self-directed individual with relevant experience for a Project Analyst role. The position coordinates and contributes to project development, design and delivery activities; supports the ADC architectural team with analytical and administrative tasks; and collaborates with cross-functional teams to improve processes and implement plans. This position is for a two-year limited term duration.
The role will provide project support in the areas of tenant improvement, the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) compliance program and the Capital Improvement Program. Representative duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Contributes, coordinates and translates construction, project, or program initiatives and delivery; contributes strategic input for the development of processes, internal control for project design, studies, management, construction, technical research, financial analysis and scheduling; assists and facilitates programs, projects, initiatives, analysis, recommendations and execution of capital projects; assists with oversight and ensures compliance of activities with mandates, laws, regulations, codes and procedures.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to improve processes, track metrics, administer contracts and implement plans; coordinates, leads, and interfaces with stakeholders, regulatory agencies, consultants, public and special interest groups; interprets and presents plan and project information; anticipates problems, recommends and reconciles corrective actions; broadens awareness and visibility of programs and priorities across stakeholder audiences.
- Provides analytical and technical support on projects; completes research and compiles reports and other architectural and engineering documents and plans; navigates and completes contracting processes, documentation and implementation; provides input and justifications for program and financial activities; interprets and applies mandates, laws, policy and contract strategies; forecasts, translates and tracks cost models, analysis, budget cycle formulation, contractual obligations and management.
- Tracks project and program objectives and mandates; integrates operational practices, approaches and monitors efficiency; supports and refines process and operational designing and redesigning strategies; synthesizes metrics; and performs other duties as assigned.
Depending on experience, starting annual salary ranges from $60,234 to $75,293.
- Business Process Knowledge: Identifies, documents, and monitors processes and develops framework for processes and improvement.
- Communication: Proficiently exchange information through various avenues including verbal, digital, written, facilitation and persuasion.
- Critical Thinking: Critically reviews and translates business requirements, data and information to specify solutions or alternative practice in support of business objectives and strategies.
- Problem-Solving/Agility: Analyzes situation or factor and collaboratively generate alternative or solution, readily adapts behavior or new work methods, evolving and unexpected situations.
- Relationship: Builds and maintains relations with stakeholders, identifies and relates information, ideas and resolves problems.
- Leveraging Technology: Effective use of information electronically and associated systems.
- Bachelor degree in architecture, engineering, project management, construction management or a closely related field; and
- Two years of progressively responsible experience in an organization focused on program management, project management, construction management or design;
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience in the architectural field is preferred.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Physical and Mental Demands:
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this class with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the hiring department to accommodate the limitation.
To apply for this job please visit san.org.