Website San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
Together we’ll GO far.
The San Diego County Regional Airport Authority is proud of its team members, we have a high performing culture and challenge ourselves through innovation…we work fast, value each other and have fun along the way.
The Airport Design & Construction Department (ADC) is searching for an individual with strong interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated architectural program management and leadership experience for a Program Manager role. ADC is responsible for the planning, design, construction and close-out of Capital Improvement Program (CIP) and Major Maintenance Program (MMP) projects, as well as the implementation of the Authority’s Airport Development Plan which includes the design and construction of terminal, airside and landside improvements. ADC projects are implemented using a variety of delivery methods including design-build and design-bid-build.
This position will manage and oversee the architectural side of the Capital Improvement Program. This includes overseeing the prioritization of milestones and deliverables to ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget; developing, leading and integrating initiatives and standards across programs and projects; overseeing work progress and controls; and serving as the program and project sponsor in alignment with organizational objectives and regulatory obligations. Representative duties include, but are not limited to:
- Determines the long and short-term strategic direction and methodologies for the development of architectural CIP project objectives and outcomes; formulates long and short-term operational objectives and financial strategies to ensure alignment with the strategic direction of the organization.
- Manages and integrates a broad range of projects and programs involving architectural design, engineering, construction, project controls and asset management; oversees phases of program and/or project conceptualization, definition, life-cycle, and operational requirements; ensures results and work completion are consistent with standards, initiatives and mandates.
- Mitigates risks, dependencies and logistics to ensure prioritization and accomplishment of assignments within financial constraints, timeframes, and mandates that are aligned with standards and internal initiatives.
- Leads and integrates teams and operational practices; fosters collaboration and promotes communication among stakeholders, organizational partners, consultants, management and cross-functional teams; represents programs and serves as program resource to leadership at various levels on programmatic, contractual or project issues; formulates solutions and resolves issues.
- Provides leadership and coaching necessary to attract, develop and retain a highly competent and diverse staff; coaches and fosters team, establishes goals and regularly monitors performance to provide feedback for development; cultivates a productive and positive work environment; recognizes and rewards achievements, completes corrective action and oversees consulting services.
- Orchestrates technology-based solutions and shapes future growth opportunities; tracks and documents financial, statistical, project, data activities; generates reports, benchmarks, and metrics, materials and learning plans; ensures the application of safe work practices; keeps current with industry trends and sustainable practices; and performs related duties as assigned.
Depending on experience, hiring reward is up to $122,673.
- Leadership & Influencing Skills – Motivates others through relationships, expectations and approach; develops others, recognizes achievements and completes work objectives, gains others support for ideas, proposals, projects and solutions.
- Project Management – Accurately assesses project scope, budget and timeline by determining required process steps and resources needed to achieve defined outcomes and objectives; monitors and verifies task completion and resolves coordination issues to assure efficient, timely completion.
- Critical Evaluation – Translates business requirements, objectives and strategies, analyzes and defines problems, listens and clarifies information, advances alternative solutions, and identifies optimal solutions.
- Problem-Solving/Agility Skills – Reviews situation or factors and collaboratively generates alternative solutions, readily adapts behavior or new work methods, manages evolving and unexpected situations and obstacles.
- Relationship Management – Cultivates interpersonal rapport and trust, both up and down, by exhibiting consistency and reliability; listens for issues or conflicts and coaches others to relevant and meaningful solutions.
- Interpersonal Ability – Communicates effectively, interprets, establishes and clarifies ideas and expectations and engages others, collaborates with stakeholders using diplomacy and discretion, and effectively exchanges information verbally, digitally and in written format, facilitates and persuades.
- Change Management – Identifies and implements available tools, techniques, and behaviors necessary to support change efforts that require the adoption and realization of change to achieve business outcomes and initiatives; adapts to evolving situations and effectively addresses resistances and concerns.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in architecture, construction management, or a closely related field; and
- Ten years of progressively responsible experience involving design, construction, property development or a closely related field, at least three years of which were in a management role overseeing staff specializing in design and construction, construction project management, property development, asset management, property management and/or airport management professionals;
- Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience with aviation-related design and construction, project management, construction management and diverse project delivery methodologies.
- Current registration as an architect with the California state licensing board is highly desired.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Physical and Mental Demands:
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this class with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the hiring department to accommodate the limitation.
To apply for this job please visit san.org.