San Diego County Airport Authority
San Diego International was built upon the vision that every team member has a stake in bringing our “Good Feelings, Nonstop” brand to life for every passenger and fellow employee. Here at the Airport Authority, we love San Diego as much as we love flying, and we see our airport as an extension of the always friendly and sunny city we call home. If you are looking for a team that values each other, does great work, and most importantly, has a lot of fun along the way, we invite you to apply today.
The Aviation Security & Public Safety Department has a Security Specialist I job opportunity. The selected candidate will perform administrative activities to support the implementation of security and access control programs. The selected individual will demonstrate customer relations competence and exercise discretion in handling sensitive information.
Example of Duties:
- Receives phone calls and responds to inquiries; completes data entry; organizes documents and maintains filing systems; generates reports and updates work documents as instructed; is the point of contact for internal and external clients.
- Participates in program development and implementation of mandated access control measures and initiatives; processes fingerprint requests for a criminal background process; facilitates access control training and administers access and airside driving examinations; conducts training; completes background checks on airport ID media holders.
- Interprets access control requirements and provides information to stakeholders and the public; serves on committees; prepares documents and material; implements changes; seeks and participates in opportunities to improve, streamline, reinvent work processes, manuals, and program documents; adapts best practices and procedures; keeps up-to-date on industry and regulatory trends and shape stakeholders views.
- Interacts with stakeholders, tenants, and the public; ensures delivery of essential customer services, provides problem and conflict resolution for passengers and tenants; identifies problems; determines possible resolution; maintains and strengthens partnerships; interprets mandates and regulations, and provides information.
- Participates in operational and industry meetings with air tenants, contract service providers, and governmental agencies and develops department goals and objectives.
- Resolves issues and recommends corrective actions and conducts follow-up evaluations; issues airside vehicle permits and restricted door keys; conducts annual airside vehicle permit and quarterly access audit; participates in security, access control, and prevention of unauthorized access; performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school or possession of a G.E.D.;
- Two years of progressively responsible administrative and/or programmatic experience;
- Or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Starting reward is $47,472 per year.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement:
As a condition of employment, the selected candidate must provide proof of fully-vaccinated COVID-19 vaccination status prior to their first day of employment unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved by the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority’s Talent, Culture & Capability Department.
To apply for this job please visit sdcraa-openhire.silkroad.com.