San Diego County Airport Authority
San Diego International Airport was built upon the vision that every team member has a stake in bringing our “Good Feelings, Nonstop” brand to life for every passenger and fellow employee. Here at the Airport Authority, we love San Diego as much as we love flying, and we see our airport as an extension of the always friendly and sunny city we call home. If you are looking for a team that values each other, does great work, and most importantly, has a lot of fun along the way, we invite you to apply today.
The Revenue Generation and Partnership Development Department is searching for a self-directed individual with demonstrated leadership skills in a Small Business Development Program Manager role. This role is based on a limited duration to run until 2026, to assist with various Airport Development Projects. The ideal candidate will develop and lead the Authority’s efforts to creatively engage and promote disadvantaged local small businesses and;
- Reviews drafts of proposals to ensure compliance with Authority and or federal program requirements; develops components appropriate for small business participation and DBE/ACDBE participation as required.
- Manages Authority policies and procedures to achieve objectives and goals for small business participation in procurement, contracting, and concession activities; analyzes certification applications for DBE and ACDBE Programs in accordance with established federal criteria and requirements, as well as Local Business Certifications.
- Monitors contractor compliance of Authority contract provisions and requirements; manages consultant agreements in support of outreach efforts; develops and provides training and orientation on small business program requirements to Authority management and staff. Track Federal Funded projects, to insure commitments and DBE attainments for the annual FAA DBE report. Perform Commercial Useful Function (CUF). Monitor change orders.
1. Relationship Management: Builds and maintains relations with stakeholders, identifies and relates information, ideas and problems, champion’s initiatives and ideas based on collaborative solutions.
2. Communication: To proficiently and tactfully exchange and interpret information verbally and in writing, facilitate, persuade and complete presentations.
3. Judgement & Decision Making: Ability to use appropriate judgement and confidentiality in selecting procedures, conducting transactions with other departments, vendors and the public and solving non-routine problems based on experience-based knowledge.
4. Critical Thinking: Critically reviews and translates business requirements, data and information to specify solutions or alternative practice in support of business objectives and strategies.
5. Problem-Solving/Agility: Use of effective judgement and self-direction to analyzes situation, factors and collaboratively generate solution, readily adapts behavior or new work methods, evolving and unexpected situations.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with major in business or public administration or a closely related field;
- Four years of progressively responsible experience in planning, designing and implementing business and/or community outreach programs;
- Equivalent combination of training and experience.
The hiring salary for a Small Business Development Program Manager is 77,713.43
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
As a condition of employment, the selected candidate must provide proof of fully-vaccinated COVID-19 vaccination status prior to their first day of employment unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved by the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority’s Talent, Culture & Capability Department.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this class with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the hiring department to accommodate the limitation.
To apply for this job please visit www.san.org.